Teaching Resources — Psychopathology Examples?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

foreverbull

Psychologist
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any instructors out there have any links to resources for showing examples of folks with psychological disorders talking about their struggles? I recently lost access to a whole library of videos from Pearson (thanks for removing them, Pearson!) based on disorders in the DSM-5. That was a huge loss of video resources that affects my entire course.

YouTube is really hit or miss, and takes forever to scour through. I can’t seem to find any library of videos showing brief clips of psychological disorders for educational purposes. I would have expected there to be more out there produced by textbook companies and organizations for training purposes that would be easily accessible to instructors.

Maybe I’m just missing knowledge of some of the resources out there? It’s a long shot, but thought I’d ask the teachers here.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Any instructors out there have any links to resources for showing examples of folks with psychological disorders talking about their struggles? I recently lost access to a whole library of videos from Pearson (thanks for removing them, Pearson!) based on disorders in the DSM-5. That was a huge loss of video resources that affects my entire course.

YouTube is really hit or miss, and takes forever to scour through. I can’t seem to find any library of videos showing brief clips of psychological disorders for educational purposes. I would have expected there to be more out there produced by textbook companies and organizations for training purposes that would be easily accessible to instructors.

Maybe I’m just missing knowledge of some of the resources out there? It’s a long shot, but thought I’d ask the teachers here.
This may not be exactly what you're looking for but here is a link to a YouTube playlist from a textbook (Learning Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) with video vignettes of how to implement certain cognitive therapy techniques with patients who have problems with anxiety, depression, etc. I think some of them are real patients (though some may be MH professionals playing out the vignette).