Fluoro Bundled with Sympathetic and Intercostal Blocks?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docnyc

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has heard of fluoro now being bundled into LSB and Intercostal blocks. My biller is saying they are now bundled. I use 77003 for LSB and 77002 for intercostal nerve block. I do not do a lot of intercostals or LSBs which is why I had not heard of possible bundling issues until today.

If its not bundled please let me know and I will update my biller on this.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has heard of fluoro now being bundled into LSB and Intercostal blocks. My biller is saying they are now bundled. I use 77003 for LSB and 77002 for intercostal nerve block. I do not do a lot of intercostals or LSBs which is why I had not heard of possible bundling issues until today.

If its not bundled please let me know and I will update my biller on this.

Thanks

i have not heard this...

I haven't heard this, and in the case of intercostal blocks I think it would be somewhat unusual, since there are probably more rib blocks done blindly for acute pain control etc than done w/ fluoro in a pain clinic...

Members don't see this ad :)
Exactly, thats what I was thinking also. Intercostals can be done blindly for post op pain. Although I dont do them blind, even stellates can be done blind. I'm not sure why its coming up bundled in our edit.

I haven't heard this, and in the case of intercostal blocks I think it would be somewhat unusual, since there are probably more rib blocks done blindly for acute pain control etc than done w/ fluoro in a pain clinic...

So I have been told by billing that NCCI edits or whatever it's called is not letting me bill flouro with any of my LSBs. I looked at our billing history and my practice has not been billing fluoro for these despite my requests otherwise. Anyone else know about this?

Great! I haven't been getting paid for fluoro with sympathetic blocks for a year!