food/favorites count down!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AuD2B

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else getting compulsive about taking in all your current local favorites before an eventual big move? :p

Treating myself to all my ultra favorite treats and comfort foods--saffron ice cream, baja style mexican, favorite breakfast places...on vacation this week :laugh: and the gluttony is getting ridiculous :eek:

Still, it's all so yummmy! :smuggrin: BUT

Time to move on the local favorite hiking/outdoors/active haunts to burn it all off!

Members don't see this ad.

i have definitely found myself eating compulsively. i have bought ten boxes of girl scout cookies in the last two weeks. granted my boyfriend ate most of them, but I have eaten my fair share. not because i'm going to move but because this is so stressful trying to figure everything out and all the waiting!

I actually hiked the Ozarks Highlands Trail this weekend and packed a little too light. The last day I ate mini-bass and four frog legs. Never watch Survivor Man before a camping trip! To say the least, I am attempting to ration food much better here at home.

Members don't see this ad :)
Those girl scout cookies are ridiculously delicious! I can't get enough of the samoas!

I hear ya on the Girl Scout cookies! Stayed clear of the little table set up outside my local Target...I have no discipline with those little cookies. Like a dog, I will eat them until either I get sick or they're all gone. Thin Mints are especially deadly. I usually give my Samoan friend a box of the "Samoas"...luckily, they're also his favorite flavor ;) We joke, "Gimme somemoa of those Somoas"

Dustbug10--talk about taking it to the next level about sampling the local food! ;) Hats off to your resourcefulness & hope it was a good trip overall. Sounds like some pretty scenery in spring.

DON'T ANSWER TO THIS PART--GROSSED MYSELF OUT :oops:--couldn't help but to wonder if four frog legs meant back legs on two frogs or all four legs of one frog, and whether we're talking big bull frog or little tree frog...but it's all good! Felt a little queasy, so that curbed all the crazy gluttony that's been the theme of the week! Now we're on to taking in all the local vistas & outdoors opportunities instead....just what I needed

haha

It was two small frogs. I made a spear out of my walking stick and was able to put prior experience of frog gigging to good use. I actually found them slightly off the trail in an area that I later found out to be called, "Frog's Creek". :D To say the least, I am nowhere as tough as I thought I was before the trip!

haha

It was two small frogs. I made a spear out of my walking stick and was able to put prior experience of frog gigging to good use. I actually found them slightly off the trail in an area that I later found out to be called, "Frog's Creek". :D To say the least, I am nowhere as tough as I thought I was before the trip!

Eeeeeeewwww!

I have picked up and moved residences about 3 times in 4 years...Moving sucks. It sucks more when you move to or from Alaska, as you have to wait for your stuff to catch up with you a month later. I still have to figure out whether or not I plan to drive to grad school or if I plan to rent a car for a few weeks until my car arrives. Bah.:diebanana:

...As for the food I plan to eat before I leave, I have two on the list. Moose and black bear. I plan to bum the moose off one of my buddies, but I will probably harvest the bear myself when I take time to go into the bush this summer.

I have picked up and moved residences about 3 times in 4 years...Moving sucks. It sucks more when you move to or from Alaska, as you have to wait for your stuff to catch up with you a month later. I still have to figure out whether or not I plan to drive to grad school or if I plan to rent a car for a few weeks until my car arrives. Bah.:diebanana:

Dang, dude! Don't drive.....:eek:

...And to add, a good set of frog legs indeed tastes like chicken......Yum!...And alligator, too!

Last edited:
I was thinking chocolate stout and moose until I noticed it was black BEAR, not BEER... I was also thinking about the "tastes like chicken" for the frog legs! Sounds like we have some "Fear Factor" champs in our midst! :D The stuff I post is so whimpy, more along the lines of "what, meat isn't just from a styrofoam tray in the supermarket?" :p

Today's compulsions: "Beard Papa" freshly made Japanese cream puffs & a carne asada torta sandwich...later combusted away with 2 hours of salsa dancing

What's up with the cravings! It's insane! Eating stuff I never crave (cream puffs?) because it's readily available & in case I might miss it when it's less accessible.:confused:

Nevertheless, I DO crave tomorrow's treat xlb shanghai "soup dumplings"--soup inside dumpings--like little tiny water balloons! so cute & yum yum!

Are we all getting on the irrational food train? It's actually a nice break to not have to make sense for a few more days...time is running out, school starts again on Monday :(

What's up with the cravings! It's insane! Eating stuff I never crave (cream puffs?) because it's readily available & in case I might miss it when it's less accessible.:confused:

Preggers?

The pasta sauce, of course. :cool:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 149
That's funny! Gotta remember to decorate a prego jar w/pink & light blue ribbons as a prize for one of those silly baby shower games.