For anyone waiting to hear from Drexel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

italicsquirel99

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed with them on March 12th, so we're now at +10 weeks post interview, and I just found out my file is going to be presented to the admissions committee tomorrow (5/27).

So I'd say Drexel is running a bit slowly at the moment.

Just thought I'd share!

Members don't see this ad.

Man, thats ridiculous, how did you find that out? call or email? I interviewed March 30th and its been 8 weeks for me, which means I wont find out for another month. How could they possibly be so behind?

italicsquirel99 said:
I interviewed with them on March 12th, so we're now at +10 weeks post interview, and I just found out my file is going to be presented to the admissions committee tomorrow (5/27).

So I'd say Drexel is running a bit slowly at the moment.

Just thought I'd share!

Is this the first time it is being presented to the adcom, or is it being re-presented? Drexel told me to expect a decision within 10 wks, but I recieved an acceptance less than 2 weeks after interviewing (back in January). Maybe they have looked at it before, and didn't come to a definitive conclusion yet...

Anyway, best of luck to you. :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed at the end of Jan and it took 10 weeks as well. Great, this means the waitlist probably won't start moving for a while :rolleyes: So much for planning my life....

st85 said:
Man, thats ridiculous, how did you find that out? call or email? I interviewed March 30th and its been 8 weeks for me, which means I wont find out for another month. How could they possibly be so behind?

Well, when it got to 8 weeks, I e-mailed the medstat e-mail, and heard nothing back from that. I waited a week, e-mailed it again. Waited another week and finally e-mailed my interviewer and that finally got a response which simply said "Your file will be presented to the committee on 5/27"

If you call you get an automated message directing you to send an e-mail.

Yeah thats why I was wondering how you found out cause I tried calling and all you get is the email address. I actually emailed that medstat email today, I guess I can't expect to get a response.

italicsquirel99 said:
Well, when it got to 8 weeks, I e-mailed the medstat e-mail, and heard nothing back from that. I waited a week, e-mailed it again. Waited another week and finally e-mailed my interviewer and that finally got a response which simply said "Your file will be presented to the committee on 5/27"

If you call you get an automated message directing you to send an e-mail.

I think it depends on when the people who interviewed you get their stuff back to the admissions people. It took about 6- 7 weeks for me to hear from Drexel.

Megalofyia said:
I think it depends on when the people who interviewed you get their stuff back to the admissions people. It took about 6- 7 weeks for me to hear from Drexel.

I certainly hope that's not the case, considering how important timing is in this process. I wouldn't want to get waitlisted instead of offered a position because my interviewer was a little slow with their paperwork.

I had interviewed at Drexel on March 31 and actually received a letter to be waitlisted maybe 2 week ago? (but withdrew later). I don't know why they're taking so long with other people.

same here...interviewed late march, got waitlisted in late april. just different time scales i suppose...

interviewed october 27th accepted on january 14th. I think that's a little over ten weeks. I was sweating bullets because all I had were waitlists and no more interview invites.

italicsquirel99 said:
I certainly hope that's not the case, considering how important timing is in this process. I wouldn't want to get waitlisted instead of offered a position because my interviewer was a little slow with their paperwork.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it definitely has to do with your interviewer timing. Remember that there are 3 interviewers-- student and faculty. They have to get those forms filled out and turned in. Then a blind interviewer evaluates, and then it is presented to committee. Paperwork gets backed up, and that's really frustrating, but that's how it works.

I also interviewed at Drexel in mid-January and found out about three weeks later about being waitlisted, so I really must be up to how quickly the interviewers get their forms back.

On another note, does anyone know the ~number of people who actually get off the waitlist? I know that the waitlist does move a lot, but I was just curious if there were any "hard numbers."

Ms. Doctor: do you know ANYTHING about the waitlist this year. You have been such a great resource, I thought I'd check! Has it started moving?

:(

I don't think the waitlist has really started moving yet, but I don't know for sure because I'm not in the Philly area right now. I think they are finishing up the last applicants. They just stopped interviewing about 2 weeks ago, so they have to finish that up before the waitlist gets looked at.

I know it's hard to wait! Keep your fingers crossed and chin up. Hopefully things will start happening soon!!

Ms.Doctor said:
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it definitely has to do with your interviewer timing. Remember that there are 3 interviewers-- student and faculty. They have to get those forms filled out and turned in. Then a blind interviewer evaluates, and then it is presented to committee. Paperwork gets backed up, and that's really frustrating, but that's how it works.

my faculty interviewer told me that both he and the student interviewer have 48 hours to submit their evaluations of us. it sounded like the backup was with the adcom, where they just have tons of evals to look at each week.

Does anyone know if Lisa Cifelli is back? If you email Lisa regarding your status of application, she almost always replies your email.

nibrocli said:
my faculty interviewer told me that both he and the student interviewer have 48 hours to submit their evaluations of us. it sounded like the backup was with the adcom, where they just have tons of evals to look at each week.

Interviewers hold things up too. Just because there is a "48 hour limit" (it's actually 72 hours) doesn't mean it's abided by...

they also interview a sh%toad of people, more than any of the schools I went to. You shouldn't judge, I don't think you really know what you are talking about

Anka said:
And people wonder why there's so much Drexel bashing. For cryin' out loud, so many schools manage the inteview process without quite as much mess as Drexel. What do you think will happen once you are a student?

The majority of applicants hear in normal time. There are bad apples everywhere--- every medical school and everywhere else in the world. Not everyone is conscious about doing what should be/needs to be done. Things as a student are great and faculty response is prompt.

Anka said:
And people wonder why there's so much Drexel bashing. For cryin' out loud, so many schools manage the inteview process without quite as much mess as Drexel. What do you think will happen once you are a student?

And I have noticed from your past posts that you seem to be leading the pack. Sour grapes maybe?