For the love of CAFFEINE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Optimus-Prime

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I drank a lot of coffee in undergrad. I drank more during my masters. At work at least two cups a day. Medical School? I'm nervous....

Members don't see this ad.

In a few months, it will be easy for you guys to determine if we are classmates.

I'll be the bear sitting in class drinking this:

huge-coffee-cup.png

Reactions: 11 users
You know how to properly use an IV drip, yes? Think about it…

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Take it to the next level

nuffsaid.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Pretty sure I'm immune to coffee. I drank it as a baby and now it has no effect on me. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I was drinking about three cups a day, and now I'm down to about 1/2 a cup of cold brew coffee..........it's not that I don't like coffee anymore, but I'm still considering Dentistry haha! If I go the dental route, I'll probably just stop drinking coffee altogether, however if I decide to go Medical, who cares!? COFFEE ALL DAY LONG!

I drank a lot of coffee in undergrad. I drank more during my masters. At work at least two cups a day. Medical School? I'm nervous....
I feel ya. I plan on going cold turkey 6 weeks before school starts, so i can ease back into it.

Reactions: 1 users
I quit drinking caffeine for a few weeks last semester. Probably will quit again over the summer so that when med school starts it'll be a more potent go-to drug...

I feel ya. I plan on going cold turkey 6 weeks before school starts, so i can ease back into it.

I'm might ween myself down to a cup, I can't quit the fresh cup of morning joe

MAKES MY GODDAMN DAY!

Its warm, bitter, and I love dark roast. Not only good for the chest hair, but good for the soul

I was drinking about three cups a day, and now I'm down to about 1/2 a cup of cold brew coffee..........it's not that I don't like coffee anymore, but I'm still considering Dentistry haha! If I go the dental route, I'll probably just stop drinking coffee altogether, however if I decide to go Medical, who cares!? COFFEE ALL DAY LONG!

Dental school is more exhausting, you will need more than coffee...

I've been saving up for this since I started my current job:

3400XXLarge.jpg

Going to install a PID controller and never sleep again.

Its warm, bitter, and I love dark roast. Not only good for the chest hair, but good for the soul

Most people don't realize that dark roast actually has less caffeine because it has been burned off.

Interestingly enough, I've been moving away from coffee and leaning more on Red Bulls and pop.

I've avoided coffee thus far, I don't think first and second year will change that with non-mandatory lectures. 3rd year and beyond though I'll probably have a large supply of 5 hour energy. I've worked my share of overnight shifts and if I couldn't nap beforehand a little energy shot was enough.

One of my dentist friends drinks more Mountain Dew than any person I've ever known.

You guys are still playing in the minor leagues.
http://liquidcaffeine.com/

Caffeinated orange juice, Caffeinated muffins, caffeinated cookies. Caffeinated anything.

You guys are still playing in the minor leagues.
http://liquidcaffeine.com/

Caffeinated orange juice, Caffeinated muffins, caffeinated cookies. Caffeinated anything.

But it's more than just the caffeine. Coffee makes every cell in my body dance the electric slide out of pure joy. It rejuvenates my delicate soul and gently prepares it for the day ahead. And it tastes so good.

I don't dare take caffeine. My meds do plenty to keep me awake. Too bad, because I love Mountain Dew! :(

Can I introduce you to pre-workout? That's where the real caffeine game is at. My lord, can't get to the toilet fast enough. I introduced a post doc in my lab to DS Craze and he started taking it at work just to get through the day. He kind of hated his job though.

For coffee, you have to make it yourself. It just tastes better that way. Pour over, espresso, French press, moka pot, aeropress, gotta have them all.

But it's more than just the caffeine. Coffee makes every cell in my body dance the electric slide out of pure joy. It rejuvenates my delicate soul and gently prepares it for the day ahead. And it tastes so good.
And dear god the aroma of freshly roasted beans. I honestly don't think there's a smell on earth I like more.

Reactions: 3 users
Sneak into the lab inventories and just snort the stuff pure every morning.

Noob. Put your Ochem knowledge to use and freebase that ****.

Caffeine is metabolized by CYP1A2, one of the first liver enzymes toddlers acquire a high concentration of... you probably had high levels if CYP1A2 :p

And dear god the aroma of freshly roasted beans. I honestly don't think there's a smell on earth I like more.

Double quoting to f@cking emphasize my like.

Caffeine is metabolized by CYP1A2, one of the first liver enzymes toddlers acquire a high concentration of... you probably had high levels if CYP1A2 :p

Don't ruin this.

Never understood why people like caffeine :/

One of my dentist friends drinks more Mountain Dew than any person I've ever known.
Serious? I think soda is actually worse for your teeth than coffee. I used to drink a lot more soda too, but after now I hardly ever do. The only reason I'd drink less coffee is to not stain my teeth as much, and lower the acidic environment in my mouth. I've been drinking just a little bit of cold brew coffee the last couple of days and it's really great! I drink it iced, and with a straw, so it's not in contact with my teeth for as long. Also, cold brew is 66% less acidic than normal coffee!

Dental school is more exhausting, you will need more than coffee...
It's more exhausting? Maybe during the first two years, because you have your lab hours too, but I can't see it being worse than residency hours. I'm sure there are plenty of dentists who drink coffee though......?

Because people like to be awake during important things.

I meant the taste/smell of coffee

I take caffeine for the buzz but choose to pass on coffee

oh, you mean coffee, not caffeine (as you said in your post).

Idk man. Coffee smells, tastes, looks, feels, and sounds delicious to me.

Yeah... I kinda like the smell, but I guess its just me I hate drinking it lol

Double quoting to f@cking emphasize my like.

I live within walking distance of a Dunn Bros. that has only one person roast their beans, and he knows his ****. Every roasting day is like heaven.

P.S. has anyone tried the coffee that monkey-lookin thing craps out

That there be a bucket list item; $50 a cup i hear

adrenal fatigue

It's more exhausting? Maybe during the first two years, because you have your lab hours too, but I can't see it being worse than residency hours. I'm sure there are plenty of dentists who drink coffee though......?

Well in that case I agree although OMFS is notoriously exhausting like ENT.