General Admissions & OTCAS For those who applied to California programs in the past, is it a must to send transcripts direct?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Reddington

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, there! Sorry for all of the questions, but the schools are a bit slow to get back, and I was hoping for a quick answer. I've been wondering, from your experience, it is absolutely necessary to have my previous schools send the transcripts direct to my programs of choice? I know it's necessary for OTCAS, but what about other programs, such as Dominican or St. Augustine?

The reason I'm asking is because I have a pile of transcripts right now, and it would be a damn shame if I couldn't use them since they cost an obnoxious amount of money (not to mention they took their sweet time getting here).

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

It usually states on their website if it is required to be sent to the school. San Jose requires that an official copy be sent to both the school and OTCAS. I'm pretty sure St Augustine and Dominican also requires official transcripts to be sent to the school since they are not using OTCAS.