Freaking out about Step 2 CS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DRIR2008

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have my exam scheduled for next January, but I'm already freaking out about it. I researched the forum, and the understanding I got so far is that FA for Step 2 CS is the best written source for studying and that rigorous practicing is the key to passing the exam.

During my OSCE's at our school I struggled a bit with coming up with ddx. Do you think in my case, especially given that I will be taking the exam far down the road next year, reviewing 3rd year core clerkship materials with UWorld for Step 2 CK would be a reasonable idea for preparing for the test?

I'm just not sure how hard it would be come up with ddx for the cases on Step 2 CS. Are they as relatively straight-forward as postulating peri-umbilical pain that radiates down to LLQ = highly likely to be acute appendicitis? Or are the cases more involved? I would appreciate any of your help!

Members don't see this ad.

I have my exam scheduled for next January, but I'm already freaking out about it. I researched the forum, and the understanding I got so far is that FA for Step 2 CS is the best written source for studying and that rigorous practicing is the key to passing the exam.

During my OSCE's at our school I struggled a bit with coming up with ddx. Do you think in my case, especially given that I will be taking the exam far down the road next year, reviewing 3rd year core clerkship materials with UWorld for Step 2 CK would be a reasonable idea for preparing for the test?

I'm just not sure how hard it would be come up with ddx for the cases on Step 2 CS. Are they as relatively straight-forward as postulating peri-umbilical pain that radiates down to LLQ = highly likely to be acute appendicitis? Or are the cases more involved? I would appreciate any of your help!

Just review your Step 2 CS FA and practice and practice.. FA does give a really good overview of the possible and most likely DDX and work up. If you read CK already it would help big time.

Hmmm not to sound like a D*** though, but peri-umbilical pain radiating to LLQ isn't Acute Appendicitis. RLQ pain though.

Just review your Step 2 CS FA and practice and practice.. FA does give a really good overview of the possible and most likely DDX and work up. If you read CK already it would help big time.

Hmmm not to sound like a D*** though, but peri-umbilical pain radiating to LLQ isn't Acute Appendicitis. RLQ pain though.

Oh, I meant RLQ haha thanks for your help.