from BSc Audiology to Medicine.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

inlovewithmedicine

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently studying Bsc audiology in the UK. what are my chances to get into graduate medical school with a bachelors degree in audiology in the US?
please any information will be helpful.
thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am currently studying Bsc audiology in the UK. what are my chances to get into graduate medical school with a bachelors degree in audiology in the US?
please any information will be helpful.
thank you.
For AMCAS MD schools, your chances are zero without 1-3 years of full-time academic credit earned at a US or Canadian accredited academic institution, which typically should include all the prerequisite sciences with lab. For DO med schools, I can't say, as this is the first year they have not accepted foreign transcripts and I don't know their current requirements for consideration.

Reactions: 1 user
For AMCAS MD schools, your chances are zero without 1-3 years of full-time academic credit earned at a US or Canadian accredited academic institution, which typically should include all the prerequisite sciences with lab. For DO med schools, I can't say, as this is the first year they have not accepted foreign transcripts and I don't know their current requirements for consideration.
but what if i took additional course work in all the subjects they emphasize applicant should have taken before applying. would that matter?

To add to my wise and experienced counsel, medical schools in the US generally do not accept or do not recommend foreign degrees as well as international students. They require a significant amount of undergraduate work in the US and will generally not look at US graduate work as fulfilling these requirements
I read on internationalstudent.com some schools like stanford, duke, yale, john hopkins accept international students if they can provide financial proof that they can afford the school or require them to pay in escrow amount,.
another question is some UK degrees are 3years except engineering sector if i have a three year bachelors degree in biochemistry or biomedical sciences. medical schools require a four year bachelors degree or more will that be applicable for UK degrees that are 3 years?

but what if i took additional course work in all the subjects they emphasize applicant should have taken before applying. would that matter?
AMCAS doesn't accept foreign transcripts, so coursework taken in your home country would have little impact on application decisions made at most US MD schools. Texas public MD schools have their own application system, and I can't attest to their policies.