Funding opportunities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CD15

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am a second year medicine resident. I am keenly interested in pursuing an academic career in malignant hematology. I was wondering if there are any grants/funding opportunities that I can apply to as a resident.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Check with ASH, AACR and ASCO. They may have something that works for you. The likelihood of getting one of them is about the same as getting struck by lightning while you're being attached by a shark though.

There are no research opportunities offered by ASH, ASCO, or AACR for internal medicine residents (radiation oncology and surgical specialties are excepted). Many departments/schools have an internal award system, but typically, not enough research time is allotted during medicine residency to achieve any significant basic science results - any clinical research time should be supported by your department as part of your salary, and the overhead / non-personnel expenses covered by your mentor's grants and research contracts.