Funny quotes from "less informed" premeds

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
THOSE ARE AMAZING. I had another version for my HS anat/physio class, which had a drop rate of about 50%, and I didn't fail the class, but passed with flying colors.

No pun intended, eh?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah but coloring books have nothing to do with flying.

:confused:

I just don't understand how you have time to color them if I feel like I don't have time to memorize them all. :rolleyes:

If you pay extra maybe the authors will color the pictures for you! :D

I just don't understand how you have time to color them if I feel like I don't have time to memorize them all. :rolleyes:

Then it would be called a textbook ;)

I tend to have a fairly short attention span, so coloring in the pictures helped me focus. I connected the colors and patterns I created to the physiology and the layout of the organs, and coloring it all in really illuminated the process for me. It may be a bit childish, but it worked very well for me.

"I think I'm going to get my MD and open my own pharmacy, that's where the money's at. I might not even do a residency, and I'll probably just work in the pharmacy, too."

:-|

"I think I'm going to get my MD and open my own pharmacy, that's where the money's at. I might not even do a residency, and I'll probably just work in the pharmacy, too."

:-|

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Don't they know there are PHARMACISTS for a reason and pharmacy school for a reason?

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh man, that looks awesome! I'd probably spend hours working on that, haha.

So, I heard you like mudkips. Unfortunately, there are no mudkips to color in that book.

Sadly there are so many people who think the loss of 1 or 2 years of a doctors salary are going to make all the difference in the world when that is not the case. What's worse is these kids are often the kids of parents who think you have to live life on this strict time line and if you don't you are a failure in life. i see this with indians and asians especially who think that there is a strict timeline by which you have to finish education, get married, and ahve kids. Its quite sad to say the least.

ROFL omgosh I just created a thread about this very dilemma in my life. :eek: You've made me feel better about myself now.

So, I heard you like mudkips. Unfortunately, there are no mudkips to color in that book.

I'll make it work! Get bored with coloring anatomy? Draw in a mudkip, color, ???, profit!

But the cadaver isn't in color... it's a uniform mush of white and brown :(

Ok, guys, I think we should REALLY get back on-topic.

The other day, we got a patient in the ER with a very large bump on her forehead with a swollen insect bite (pt stated "brown recluse bite") that looked something like this:

4142_4sac.gif

...Except the center of the bite was gaping open.

Additionally, she had significant edema bilaterally just inferior to the eyes.

Turns out she got bit on the forehead while laying down at the park. Later, it became quite swollen and her premed friend told her he "is going to be an ER Doctor" and "knows exactly what to do." He then put his fingers around the swollen area and began pressing the fluid toward the center of the bite, eventually causing developing blister to rupture. Of course, this released the toxin into her body, which resulted in edema in the rest of her face as well as some systemic symptoms. As a result, a 2-hour fast-track ER visit became an admission to the hospital for observation for a few days. Nice job, Mr. Pre-med.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

The other day, we got a patient in the ER with a very large bump on her forehead with a swollen insect bite (pt stated "brown recluse bite") that looked something like this:

4142_4sac.gif

Turns out she got bit on the forehead while laying down at the park. Later, it became quite swollen and her premed friend told her he "is going to be an ER Doctor" and "knows exactly what to do." He then put his fingers around the swollen area and began pressing the fluid toward the center of the bite, eventually causing developing blister to rupture. Of course, this released the toxin into her body, which resulted in edema in the rest of her face as well as some systemic symptoms. As a result, a 2-hour fast-track ER visit became an admission to the hospital for observation for a few days. Nice job, Mr. Pre-med.

:eek:
So many questions...none of which I really want answered.

I'll go with one: A freaking spider crawls onto her head and she doesn't panic enough in time to stop it from biting her?? If a spider crawled onto my head at the park I would have it away from me in a matter of OMIGAWDOMIGAWDGEDDITOFF

:eek:
So many questions...none of which I really want answered.

I'll go with one: A freaking spider crawls onto her head and she doesn't panic enough in time to stop it from biting her?? If a spider crawled onto my head at the park I would have it away from me in a matter of OMIGAWDOMIGAWDGEDDITOFF

That one I can answer without anything too nasty. She was taking a nap on a blanket at the park. I did ask her how it happened. Apparently, she fell asleep....

4142_4sac.gif

Do you know if this was the guy who helped her?
090311_docimperonator.jpg

4142_4sac.gif

When you said the bolded, I knew exactly what he was going to do. In my mind I was like "don't do it! don't do it!!! Arhhh!"

If I didn't know any better I'd lance it.

But I wouldn't lance other people ;)

ROFL omgosh I just created a thread about this very dilemma in my life. :eek: You've made me feel better about myself now.

I think that asian/indian parents come with that kind of attitude is mostly because of the tradition medical school after high school phenomenon which exists in majority of the world if I'm not wrong. In England for sure, you start studying medicine at the age of 19 or 20..while median age is 26 in the US?

Anytime someone asks me how I did on "the MCATs". I instantly roid rage.

Reactions: 1 user

I hate that. I also hate when people presume to understand the app process and medical school in general... they start their yammering about this and that and how it's so competitive and bla bla bla, and only 1% of applicants get accepted.

I LOL, and direct them to AAMC Facts.

I hate that. I also hate when people presume to understand the app process and medical school in general... they start their yammering about this and that and how it's so competitive and bla bla bla, and only 1% of applicants get accepted.

I LOL, and direct them to AAMC Facts.

I always get the opposite: "Oh, you'll be fine. OF COURSE you'll get in" and the ubiquitous "easy medical school into in XYZ state that my [family member/friend] at ABC School of Medicine told me about.... You should apply there."

Maybe they are just going with how people says "I am taking the SATs" when technically it should just be SAT, without the s.

Maybe they are just going with how people says "I am taking the SATs" when technically it should just be SAT, without the s.

Who says "SATs"?... That sounds just as bizarre as "MCATs." They're both incorrect and strange sounding. Same if someone said "ACTs" or "how was your calculus finals?" It just sounds wrong.

Who says "SATs"?... That sounds just as bizarre as "MCATs." They're both incorrect and strange sounding. Same if someone said "ACTs" or "how was your calculus finals?" It just sounds wrong.

Actually saying "SAT's" isn't too bizarre considering the fact that there are ample subject tests separate from the generalized SAT test.

This guy said "There is a shortage of doctors, yo! Some hospitals are even recruiting veterinarians to treat human patients!"

Actually saying "SAT's" isn't too bizarre considering the fact that there are ample subject tests separate from the generalized SAT test.

True, but I was interpreting the poster to mean the SAT I -- as in people saying "I got a 1300 on the SATs." If you said, I got a "1300 on the SAT and several 700+s on the SATs..." that sounds fine.

Well, I know we are making fun of other people here, but i have to admit a couple things hat I have said before...

"I am going to be a radiologist because I don't like people that much. I can just sit in my office 9 to 5, look at a computer screen and make bank! Should be easy!"

Or, if "survey is so boring. It's like doing the exact same thing over and over, why not just become and engineer? "

I know better know, but this thread reminded me of those good old days. :)

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Also, during high school, we were filling out forms for the PSAT maybe and there was a section where we filled in our anticipated major. Someone raises her hand and asks "is premedicine the same as pre-med?"

In the same vein...
I'm currently a senior in high school; last year when we were filling out PSAT forms, someone asked where the pre-anesthesiology code was. I nearly wet myself.

I have bring this thread back....

After an interview the whole group of interviewees were all gathered for a final Q and A session and the presenter was talking about when decisions would go out and one of the interviewees asks, "Does the school accept a greater number of people than the number that end up attending the school?" I saw quite a few :eyebrow: looks from around the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.