Funny quotes from "less informed" premeds

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to get into med school now...

Is this the funny quote you heard? Or you are just letting us know?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you really wanna know? I can PM you instxns.

Yeah, I really want to know but I think I might wait in the future for a better post to make my sig.

Thanks Guero!

As i'm sitting here studying here in the library, a veterinary student who is studying for their boards? sees me studying for the MCAT

Her: What kind of doctor do you want to be?
Me: Idk yet, at this point im just focusing on getting in
Her: Oh I know that feeling, I went to veterinary school. It's like med school on steroids

What is it with people who are always trying to put their profession above doctors? I mean I am in no ways of saying a doctor is the top profession, but it seems that whenever somebody asks me what i'm doing they always try to bring the physician profession down a notch.

Vet school is actually harder to get in to than med school... that guy wasn't wrong....

As i'm sitting here studying here in the library, a veterinary student who is studying for their boards? sees me studying for the MCAT

Her: Oh I know that feeling, I went to veterinary school. It's like med school on steroids

What is it with people who are always trying to put their profession above doctors? I mean I am in no ways of saying a doctor is the top profession, but it seems that whenever somebody asks me what i'm doing they always try to bring the physician profession down a notch.

I have found this to be true with a lot of law students, especially talking up the difficulty of the LSAT. One law school friend tried to argue with me that the LSAT is harder because it is more intelligence based vs. memorization.....I guess that makes it harder for stupid people then!

Vet school is actually harder to get in to than med school... that guy wasn't wrong....

I didn't say it was harder, I'm just stating the fact that whenever people ask about med school or the application process they always find a way to bring down the physician profession. Like for instance at my girlfriend's hospital, a med school student was on her first day of rotation for OB, when the doc asked her a question she didn't know. My g/f told me that all of the nurses were like "omg that girl is so stupid! and she's going to be a doctor!". Now I have no idea what this question was, however maybe the girl didn't know the answer because she's still in school, and these nurses are comparing her lack of knowledge to their 20+ years of experience of working as an OB nurse.

I have found this to be true with a lot of law students, especially talking up the difficulty of the LSAT. One law school friend tried to argue with me that the LSAT is harder because it is more intelligence based vs. memorization.....I guess that makes it harder for stupid people then!

It just seems like everybody is looking to one up doctors. My only guess is that this is due to the social status that is placed on physicians. Personally I could care less. If you're grad program is way harder than getting into med school, then so be it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Like for instance at my girlfriend's hospital, a med school student was on her first day of rotation for OB, when the doc asked her a question she didn't know. My g/f told me that all of the nurses were like "omg that girl is so stupid! and she's going to be a doctor!"

Do you think that some female nurses are jealous of female doctors and, as in this case, particularly enjoy suggesting that they are smarter than the female docs?

As for vet school, it can be harder to get accepted, depending on where you live. In some ways being a vet can be harder. You're learning about treating many different species. Your patients can't tell you what's wrong with them (yes, peds has that problem). and, while there are some specialties for animals, vets often have to be "jack of all trades" at their clinics.

Prolly not for long. Just saying...

At the time of this year’s survey, 61.5 percent of veterinary students seeking a position in 2012 received an offer of employment or advanced education, down from 74.3 percent in 2011 and from 78.9 percent in 2010. The average number of job offers the students received was 1.6 in 2012, the same as in 2011.

The average starting salary for all students accepting employment was $45,575, down 3 percent from $46,971 in 2011. When excluding graduates entering advanced education, the average starting salary was $65,404, down 1.6 percent from the average starting salary of $66,469 in 2011.

It just seems like everybody is looking to one up doctors. My only guess is that this is due to the social status that is placed on physicians. Personally I could care less. If you're grad program is way harder than getting into med school, then so be it.
Maters, Taters, and Nanners!

/non sequitur

I can't resist whenever I see a mater or the word tomato. :)

Last edited:

I agree with you, TopTomato (not to be confused with spacetomatoes or any other kind of tomato). Are you a tomato vampire? You're drinking tomato juice.

Do you think that some female nurses are jealous of female doctors and, as in this case, particularly enjoy suggesting that they are smarter than the female docs?

I absolutely believe that this was the case. I find it funny how they forget that they have years and years of experience in that specific field, while this med student was rotating on her first day.

I agree with you, TopTomato (not to be confused with spacetomatoes or any other kind of tomato). Are you a tomato vampire? You're drinking tomato juice.

Haha even us tomatos know the importance to your health in drinking tomato juice (low sodium of course!). Gotta get your servings of vegetables anyway you can!

Haha even us tomatos know the importance to your health in drinking tomato juice (low sodium of course!). Gotta get your servings of vegetables anyway you can!

I agree with you, but let me ask spacetomatoes for a second feedback. Last time, spacetomatoes disliked tomato juice.

:owle: Someone just called you an owl. :owle:
kids_small_owl_animated.gif
Who?

This just got weird. Haha!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SDN Mobile

LoL, I just lost it when Ders had Karl's undies in his mouth when they were trying to score the goth chick.

Tight butthole

Sent from my SCH-I405 using SDN Mobile

LoL, I just lost it when Ders had Karl's undies in his mouth when they were trying to score the goth chick.

Haha! The ending to that episode was hilarious as well when Karl had Ders smell his finger.

Great show, but season 1 >> season 2. Season 1 was a lot more witty, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.