Gap Year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Youngm2194

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I realized I have to take a gap year regardless because I haven't taken the mcat yet and will not be prepared by May/June. Of I have a 3.4ish science and cum gpa with a BS in neurobiology what can I do in a gap year? I have had research experience both at an ivy for the summer as well as a state school for another summer. I have some clinical volunteering and will hopefully have at least 100hrs by the time I graduate. What can you do with that degree for a year before applying/is it useless to attempt to find a job in that field for only a year? I need to make money to pay for school obviously but idk what to do during the gap year. Only a junior currently so I have time to think

Members don't see this ad.

If you need the money, you can take a job. Medical schools realize that not everyone can sit on daddy's allowance and volunteer for a year. Optimally, it would be a job related to healthcare at least. Research is also an option if you can secure funding - there are many fellowships available.