General Q for a newbie

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vvv

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey! :rolleyes:

I'm not sure where I shud post this, but neway.

I'm currently in Computer Engineering (Undergrad) at University of Waterloo. Once I graduate from this program in 2006 I would like to explore other options. Not becuase I dont like engineering (as a matter of fact I love it) :love: but because I have an interest in medical studies as well. :idea:

Is there any one out there who has taken this path before? Engineering Undergrad degree with medical school after graduation.

I am just brain-storming different ideas, ne feedback (-ve or +ve) is welcome. :thumbup:

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

If you do a search on this site, you'll find a lot of engineers who decided to pursue medicine.

vvv said:
Hey! :rolleyes:

I'm not sure where I shud post this, but neway.

I'm currently in Computer Engineering (Undergrad) at University of Waterloo. Once I graduate from this program in 2006 I would like to explore other options. Not becuase I dont like engineering (as a matter of fact I love it) :love: but because I have an interest in medical studies as well. :idea:

Is there any one out there who has taken this path before? Engineering Undergrad degree with medical school after graduation.

I am just brain-storming different ideas, ne feedback (-ve or +ve) is welcome. :thumbup:

Thanks

That's me. Computer Science (+neuro) undergrad, going to med school next year.

A *lot* of people ask me, "Why CS?" I personally think that the experience that you get solving problems will help tremendously as a doctor. You can probably get this experience in other fields, but I happen to like this one. Moreover, the process of troubleshooting computer problems and debugging have similar correlates in medicine. So think of your time now as future practice!