Generic LOR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

x10694

15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Here is a nice generic LOR:

Dear Program Director,

I am writing to endorse with modest enthusiasm the application of student doctor John Doe to your residency program. I know this candidate well, and now that I have relaxed the restraining order, we have worked together often. I realized that I should not attribute to malice what can easily be explained by stupidity.
As far as I know, the police have no credible living witnesses that tie John to the crimes he has been accused of. Therefore, I feel somewhat certain that he will not be convicted. In addition, I heard from a somewhat reliable source that he no longer beats his wife or drinks to excess. It should be emphasized, however, that John, even at his worst, was one of the most high functioning alcoholics I have ever worked alongside. Despite the enormous size of his cranium, it has been noted to lack judgement, wisdom, or remorse.
In addition, his chronic tardiness and apathy have improved significantly since he has been off of heroin. I was also able to get past most of this by severely lowering my expectations of him.
Therefore, I regrettably recommend John Doe to you as a residency candidate. I wish you the best of luck over the next several years if you are unlucky enough to successfully match this candidate.

Sincerely,
Gern Blansten MD