This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mya Lopez

Reaction score
Hi guys! I recently got an interview for George Fox! I picked the morning group of January 13th! It is one of my top 2 schools so I am really excited. Hoping to hear from my other top school Pacific University (Oregon). Just wanted to start a thread so we could keep each other updated on this process!! I also got an interview at WesternU of Oregon!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Mya,

I also got an invitation to interview for George Fox back in late November! I also picked the morning session on Friday, January 13th! Fox is at the top of my list and number 2 for me would be WesternU in Lebanon. I did the early interview with Pacific back in late October, so I'm on the same boat as you -- I'm currently waiting to hear back from them with a final update on February, since they have another wave of interviews to go through before they make final decisions and build out their next cohort. I did my virtual interview with WesternU back in early December and it was a great experience -- to the point where they jumped higher on my list of choices. I felt like the faculty that interviewed me asked me some difficult questions to where I had to dig deep and come up with thoughtful and insightful answers, and they cared about what I had to say -- and I truly appreciated that. They didn't come off as interviewers asking a list of questions and moving on, so I just enjoyed my experience with them and now it's time to wait and see what happens.

I'm so looking forward to the interview for Fox and I want to kill it because I want to be in their program and be a great reflection off of their program! It'd be great to stay connected (maybe I'll see you on interview day!) and see what happens with the rest of the process! No better feeling than to have someone else to talk to that is in the same situation, and can help motivate one another to be future clinicians!

Aaron

For sure it is the best feeling having people to talk you about this!!! It’s a scary process and it is comforting knowing others feel the same. I am really hoping to get into George Fox for sure, it would allow me to still live at home and save tons of money. That’s so cool that we’re in the same group! Makes it less intimidating knowing I have an acquaintance in the group. I also did the virtual interview with WesternU and I really liked it too! They were so nice and comforting and I actually felt like it was too short! I wanted to talk to them more. I also just got an invitation to interview with Oregon Tech at Klamath falls at the end of January. For George fox I have heard amazing things and I have to nail the interview. I am so excited to your the campus.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys! I also got an interview for George Fox, but I scheduled mine for the 21st. How are you guys preparing for your interviews? This is my first interview for PT school so I'm trying to prepare by definitely being able to answer some of the basic questions, but I was wondering if you guys are doing anything specific for the school?

Hi! Congrats! This will only be my second ever PT school interview so I don’t have too much advice. I did tons of research on each program to prepare. I also did a mock interview with my physical therapist that I worked for. I did get accepted after my first interview so I guess I did well??? Haha idk I still don’t feel prepared for the George fox interview but I don’t think I ever will. What other schools have you applied to?

I think I need to do some more research on George Fox's program specifically then! I applied to SDSU, CSULB, Western, and University of Washington and George Fox. So kind of a varied selection, but ultimately I'm hoping to stay in California. What schools did you apply to? Good luck on your interview this week!

Hi guys! How did your guy's interviews go? Was it tough or were they pretty nice?

They were super nice! They asked very relevant and good questions. I didn’t get anything random in my interview. George fox was super great at being welcoming and inviting. You’ll do great!