Get Ready to Rumble - Luvox for Covid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Old Timer

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Luvox for Covid-19. Published in Lancet Global Health. Link is in the article.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I remember seeing a segment on 60 minutes about fluvoxamine for COVID several months ago. I'm surprised that it hasn't been adopted as a common treatment today.

I remember seeing a segment on 60 minutes about fluvoxamine for COVID several months ago. I'm surprised that it hasn't been adopted as a common treatment today.
The previous study was very small. This is much larger.

Members don't see this ad :)
Fluvoxamine was first discussed as an “alternative therapeutic” about 1 year ago. I remember this as a discussion in a meeting I attended last fall.

This is nothing new - and there is certainly not enough evidence YET to support or deny its role in the treatment of covid. More comprehensive studies are needed.

Fluvoxamine was first discussed as an “alternative therapeutic” about 1 year ago. I remember this as a discussion in a meeting I attended last fall.

This is nothing new - and there is certainly not enough evidence YET to support or deny its role in the treatment of covid. More comprehensive studies are needed.
How many more large studies done my excellent researchers do you need? I'm not saying I would take it. It's not nothing. What's new is evidence, unlike just about everything else.

Reactions: 1 users
How many more large studies done my excellent researchers do you need? I'm not saying I would take it. It's not nothing. What's new is evidence, unlike just about everything else.

Sure - I’m not diminishing the study. I’m just saying it’s quite premature. Who knows, maybe fluvoxamine will save the world.. But before I would say it’s going to save the world we should repeat the study, peer review it, and evolve the treatment.

The “repeat study, peer review, and evolve treatment” approach is becoming much less popular these days. However this is what we were taught in pharmacy school.

Sure - I’m not diminishing the study. I’m just saying it’s quite premature. Who knows, maybe fluvoxamine will save the world.. But before I would say it’s going to save the world we should repeat the study, peer review it, and evolve the treatment.

The “repeat study, peer review, and evolve treatment” approach is becoming much less popular these days. However this is what we were taught in pharmacy school.
What are you talking about? Clearly the governments and politicians across the world have already saved mankind by contradicting themselves, policies, execution of said policies countless times repeatedly in an indecisive, grossly disorganized, and swift manner #sarcasm

You do realize in a pandemic where millions of people have died, healthcare systems haven been overworked and economies damaged, no they are not going to wait 3 years?

You do realize in a pandemic where millions of people have died, healthcare systems haven been overworked and economies damaged, no they are not going to wait 3 years?

Yes I do understand this. If you want to take ivermectin, hcq, fluvoxamine, ranitidine, zpac, and vitamin D to treat covid - I support your decision. 100%. As long as these drugs are not shortage for people who need them for common indications. I just don’t really care to get involved

Yep look at the vaccine rollout.

Yes I do understand this. If you want to take ivermectin, hcq, fluvoxamine, ranitidine, zpac, and vitamin D to treat covid - I support your decision. 100%. As long as these drugs are not shortage for people who need them for common indications. I just don’t really care to get involved
I just don't like the hasty try anything nature of these potential treatments....risks vs. POTENTIAL? benefit is grossly ignored/an after thought. And these potential treatments vs. preventative measures like vaccination and continued social distancing practices & common sense in mitigating viral spread.

I think many of us are a bit tired of the paranoia and hysteria of the try anything approach creating drug shortages. It's not fair for people who have legitimate indications for these drugs & supply chain logistical problems do not help the situation one bit

Interesting, but if the mechanism of action is anti-inflammatory, does fluvoxamine really offer an advantage over dexamethasone? Or maybe even ibuprofen for that matter? I looked at the lancet study, and it wasn't clear what (if any) other treatments the fluvoxamine or placebo group may have received.

Of course, the average anti-vax person won't think about that, they will just latch onto fluvoxamine as the next "wonder" drug that will save everyone from COVID.