Getting a license & working as a pharmacy intern in GA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PAtoPharm

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in becoming a pharmacy intern in GA, and I have some questions about the process of applying for the license as well as the rules associated with working as one. Here is the link to the intern application on the GA state BOP's website:

http://gbp.georgia.gov/sites/gbp.ge...tern Online Application Supplement Packet.pdf

I'm especially curious about these three bulletpoint conditions:

"• You may obtain internship hour credit only between quarters/semesters of school. You are not allowed to work during the school quarter/semester.
• You may work a minimum of 20 hours per week when working a minimum of 80 hours in a 28-day period.
• You may work a maximum of 50 hours per week when working a maximum of 200 hours in a 28-day period."

Does all of this mean that I will only be allowed to work during breaks but not during school, and that I will have to work at least 20 hours/week?

Members don't see this ad.

bump.... any pharmacy students from GA here who know what the deal is?

You're reading it wrong. The limits only applies to the hours that you can apply toward your 500 required internship hours when you apply for a pharmacist license.

Members don't see this ad :)
You're reading it wrong. The limits only applies to the hours that you can apply toward your 500 required internship hours when you apply for a pharmacist license.

Thanks, I figured I wasn't reading something correctly. So do you know if a student living in GA has to actually be enrolled (as in, currently taking classes) to begin working as a pharmacy intern? Or can I submit proof of having been accepted to a pharmacy program and begin working prior to school starting?

Thanks, I figured I wasn't reading something correctly. So do you know if a student living in GA has to actually be enrolled (as in, currently taking classes) to begin working as a pharmacy intern? Or can I submit proof of having been accepted to a pharmacy program and begin working prior to school starting?

Ask your school?Aren't school supposed to do this for you? For me, my state BOP is coming to our school after school starts. Takes two months to actually get licenses in my state.

Ask your school?Aren't school supposed to do this for you? For me, my state BOP is coming to our school after school starts. Takes two months to actually get licenses in my state.

Are they? I thought I was supposed to go about the process on my own...