gi alliance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sevo00

Lifetime Donor
5+ Year Member
Reaction score

what an insultingly low rate. 265k for a full time doc who is to supervise multiple rooms. while the GI docs who own the practice bill for and keep the anestheia fee. what a bunch of ****in dinguses

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

what an insultingly low rate. 265k for a full time doc who is to supervise multiple rooms. while the GI docs who own the practice bill for and keep the anestheia fee. what a bunch of ****in dinguses

some dont bother to hire a doc at all .. its crazy

Members don't see this ad :)
Well there are W2 jobs that are in that range before benefits for 8h days for 4 days weekly with 7 weeks PTO in IL. The call takers working 6 calls a month make double and stay past 4-5p daily unless post call.

The 500k jobs in IL have lot of call. For example, 10 weekend days OR or OB, 10 busy OB, 10 OR ending 10-11pm, and 10 OR ending 8-9pm. All other days til 4-5pm. 9 weeks PTO. I don’t even know how anybody can do 550-600k jobs. Usually 72 calls yearly so Q8 OB and Q8 beeper.

Nothing is great out there for W2 lifestyle in IL if looking for high salaries. Plus anesthesia billing now sucks and salary is supported by facility fee anyway.

I think the issue is supervising for 260k. If it was solo and done by 3, then probably not a problem. Lot of places still in IL offer only 7-8 weeks off for FT

I think the issue is supervising for 260k. If it was solo and done by 3, then probably not a problem. Lot of places still in IL offer only 7-8 weeks off for FT

Even if it was solo that’s horrible. That’s like $147 a hr are you kidding me?

Reactions: 1 users
I hope no anesthesiologist works at these places

Let these GI docs and CRNAs figure it out

Reactions: 4 users
Even if it was solo that’s horrible. That’s like $147 a hr are you kidding me?
In IL, I’ve found most W2 for docs is 175-200/hr. I’m talking about non locum stuff near Chicago.

If someone has a good 7-4 job near Chicago up to 4 days weekly with 8+ weeks off, please DM. Most stuff making 500+k is basically 50-60h plus standby. I would think 32h for 44wks is good for 270k. Most stuff is around 170ish/hr when breaking it all down.

In IL, I’ve found most W2 for docs is 175-200/hr. I’m talking about non locum stuff near Chicago.

If someone has a good 7-4 job near Chicago up to 4 days weekly with 8+ weeks off, please DM. Most stuff making 500+k is basically 50-60h plus standby. I would think 32h for 44wks is good for 270k. Most stuff is around 170ish/hr when breaking it all down.

Didn’t know IL that bad. I’m in east coast and no job around here is below 250 hr. A lot are more than that

Didn’t know IL that bad. I’m in east coast and no job around here is below 250 hr. A lot are more than that
1099 or revenue per hour goal is usually 300/hr and then subtract expenses. L

Obviously there are locums for 400/hr but that’s not the norm

You can get 170/hr working academic easy job with full benefits. I think your numbers are a bit off

GI Alliance is private equity. They spam LinkedIn with posts about "private practice" "physician owned" etc. No different than any other private equity situation (Apollo in this case), except they are one of the first big ones to come for our jobs like they've come for yours. There are a few GIs getting rich but not most of them.

Reactions: 8 users
I hope no anesthesiologist works at these places

Let these GI docs and CRNAs figure it out
I hope no GI docs work at these places. PE is scum and the end of medicine independent of specialty. The rates you see are **** cause you see a pencil pusher that worked at an e-commerce business prior to switching to private equity making up the numbers on a spreadsheet.

Reactions: 1 users
They must’ve heard y’all… the link now says 400 for the salary

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Well there are W2 jobs that are in that range before benefits for 8h days for 4 days weekly with 7 weeks PTO in IL. The call takers working 6 calls a month make double and stay past 4-5p daily unless post call.

The 500k jobs in IL have lot of call. For example, 10 weekend days OR or OB, 10 busy OB, 10 OR ending 10-11pm, and 10 OR ending 8-9pm. All other days til 4-5pm. 9 weeks PTO. I don’t even know how anybody can do 550-600k jobs. Usually 72 calls yearly so Q8 OB and Q8 beeper.

Nothing is great out there for W2 lifestyle in IL if looking for high salaries. Plus anesthesia billing now sucks and salary is supported by facility fee anyway.
Thanks for the info. Once (or if) the market becomes more saturated with more anesthesiologists/CRNAs/AAs graduating, do you think the high salaries supported by the facility fees will start coming down?