Glasses or No Glasses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Glasses or Contacts

• Glasses

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Contacts

Votes: 19 57.6%

• Total voters

HawaiiHereICome

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I interview, should I wear glasses or not?

This isn't for medical school, its for an internship in a hospital, but I suppose I would follow the same advice for a med school interview.

Members don't see this ad.

The real sad thing about this thread? It's already been done before...multiple times.

Le sigh.

Members don't see this ad :)
Throw them a curveball, wear a monocle.

The real sad thing about this thread? It's already been done before...multiple times.

Le sigh.

How bad is your vision? Glasses make you look smart.:thumbup: But they are also a sign of weakness.:thumbdown: You definitely should not wear glasses. Can you imagine going to see a doctor with vision problems! Terrible! But if you're going to be bumping into walls without them, your in a fix. You should get lasik, and then bring a pair of glasses with you that aren't prescription, then, depending on the situation, you could whip them on and look smart, or take them off for the more alpha-male types who would see it as a sign of weakness and give you a wedgie. I've seen it happen. Don't wear your glasses in front of the wrong interviewer.:hungover:

I would let this guy into PSOM in a heartbeat. But only if he had the hair and mustache to prove his supreme dominance.
man-with-monocle235x398.gif

Pickle School of Medicine Alum '42

Personally, I think glasses can make it more difficult to make and maintain eye contact.

I've chosen not to wear my glasses to med school interviews.