Good Luck Match Week 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vicinihil

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can't believe this is already upon us. Just want to wish EVERYONE applying to Derm this year best of luck and hope/pray for a successful week! :luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf:

Members don't see this ad.

I am so nervous, but also so relieved. Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of my life.

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Am I reading the match statistics by region correctly? 11 unmatched spots in derm???

Last edited:
Matched...phew! Anyone know how we can we find out who our fellow residents will be on Friday?

Does anyone know when programs find out who matched into their programs?

Members don't see this ad :)
What areas struggled this year?

Waiting for that email from 10:30 to 11am sucked. Congrats all!

Congratulations all who matched. I'm sure I had an anxiety induced bp increase just from reading this thread and I've already gone through this process. :smuggrin:

Now best of luck on Thursday!

...and wow, over on the EM forum, it looks like they didn't have any unmatched EM spots (just a few EM/IM).

Last edited:
when do these spots get filled? have they already?

Really a Chicago program? That's very surprising, let alone 3 in one place.

Last edited:
I thought I remember a new rule this year was that programs couldn't purposely go unfilled to accept outside match deals.

That would be the main reason I would think that many spots would go unfilled. *shrug*

Apparently all Chicago programs filled in the match ? :)

Does anyone know when programs find out who matched into their programs?

i think programs find out thursday at noon, but aren't allowed to say anything or communicate about it until 1pm friday. regarding the apparently unfilled positions, don't count on those numbers being accurate. the past several years there have been "false positives," with programs only appearing to have unmatched spots. congrats to everyone that matched!

Robert Wood Johnson went unfilled for their 1 spot.
I guess this is a great example of "false positives." Robert Wood Johnson did not participate in the Match this year and did not accept applications (this is per their program coordinator).

Good luck to all SOAPing.

Last edited:
Hi Everybody,
Congratulations to all successful matchers. This posting is most useful to unmatched applicants who will be finished with PGY-1 in summer 2012. I am a current research fellow at St. Louis University in St. Louis, MO. There is a posting for our 1st year position on SDN. The deadline for research fellow applications is quickly approaching 4/2/2012. Thanks for your interest.