got accepted at ucsf

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nimeshshingala

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys
just recieved email from gordon petri
i have been accepted at ucsf
this is the happiest day of my life,my dream is coming true after a very long time.
good luck to all of you who are waiting for your results

Members don't see this ad.

nimeshshingala said:
hey guys
this is the happiest day of my life,my dream is coming true after a very long time.

and you felt that this was big enough news to start a new thread, huh?! I'm disappointed in you nimeshshingala. Is everyone at ucsf this self-centered.

:laugh: :laugh: congratulations! I hear ucsf is one sweet school ....

delicious said:
and you felt that this was big enough news to start a new thread, huh?! I'm disappointed in you nimeshshingala. Is everyone at ucsf this self-centered.

:laugh: :laugh: congratulations! I hear ucsf is one sweet school ....
i am sorry if I hurt your feelings buddy
this may not be big news for you but it is certainly big news for me
anyways ,I wish you well

Members don't see this ad :)
nimeshshingala said:
i am sorry if I hurt your feelings buddy
this may not be big news for you but it is certainly big news for me
anyways ,I wish you well

no, no, no. I was just trying to be sarcastic and funny. Sorry, I guess that doesn't really come across in written words. That's why I put the laughing face at the bottom of the post.

Honestly - congratulations!!!!

I am also accepted at UCSF.

PM me.
:love: :love: :love:

nimeshshingala said:
hey guys

I got a snail mail today, i got acceptance from UCSF. After a long wait..........
Is says provisional acceptance, do you guys have same provisional acceptance ........please let me know.

thanks.

hey....nimesh..congratulations..............

Desi Doc said:

PM me.

congratulations desidoc,nimisha,ivshah..finally your wait is over,desidoc did u get email or snail mail..let me know..
naina.

naina said:
congratulations desidoc,nimisha,ivshah..finally your wait is over,desidoc did u get email or snail mail..let me know..
naina.
thank you
naina and meetlife
yes it was a long wait and finally see some light at the end of the tunnel
I want to thank sdn for all the help and I want to contribute to sdn and help people who are still looking to get into some school
please anybody needs any kind of help or guidance do not hesitate to ask me
you can send me a private message
I wish everybody good luck and hope you all achieve your goals in life

hey Nimesh,

Congratulations.I had read your PM at the NYU link, saying that was your last hope.Well I am very happy for you.

Good work and congratulations once again....

Go party around now.

dentistplease said:
hey Nimesh,

Congratulations.I had read your PM at the NYU link, saying that was your last hope.Well I am very happy for you.

Good work and congratulations once again....

Go party around now.
thanks dentistplease
i never thought i would make it because the competition was intense but god did look at me this time
I wish you well and I know how frustrating and difficult is to wait for the results but keep believing in yourself and god and you will make it
I wish you well and hope you achieve your goals in life

Your hard work has born fruit!

From which school u graduated & where u r located right now[If u donot mind sharing!]

Congratulations to all! Ivshah way to go. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
keepsmiling said:
Your hard work has born fruit!

From which school u graduated & where u r located right now[If u donot mind sharing!]
hi keep smiling
right now it is difficult for me to stop smiling
i graduated in 1989 from nair dental college in bombay-india
I am currently residing in toronto -canada

Congratualtions to all those accepted to UCSF. CAn you share what is the deadline for accepted candidates for confirming their acceptance at UCSF.
Just wondering since they are not sharing details at this point - just saying that everyone will know their status by Jan 1st.

hi all

i got a snail mail too.. it says provisional admission , and i have the same question as ivshah.. does the email say the same thing? Please let us know...

I have heared california schools put everybody in a number position, as there are many universities there they can easily go to the next person if someone doesnt want to go to that school

guys,
i just got a snail mail from UCSF .
I have been accepted into their IDP batch of 2005. :)......

all the best to those waiting.....

got a snail mail today. was accepted.. hehehe.. now start debating which school I should go to . USC or UCSF. USC is 25,000$ cheaper than UCSF total.
UCSF is a name better school. I like LA. confused now! anybody suggestions?
:laugh: :laugh: :D :confused:

part I 90
did not take part II
toefl 280
1 year work experience in my home country
master's in oral biology

They said by Jan 1st they would have announced full accepted list. When asked about some ppl getting the acceptance notice, he said they would not comment on it.

My Questions: Is UCSF sending the acceptance notice in a phased manner? If so, do we still expect until Jan? It is also possible that those who received snail mail may be closer to CA than outside students and hence 1 day advantage. Can you guys comment on these please?

got acceptance to UCSF too! good luck to the rest

starwars said:
guys,
i just got a snail mail from UCSF .
I have been accepted into their IDP batch of 2005. :)......

all the best to those waiting.....
friends,
congratulations starwars,pepsi,yugiangw,docontherun..great relief ,
can i know whether u guys are from california.
thanks..

HI NAINA....
I am not from california....

thanks Shelly78, pankajs , nanina.

hi,
I want to get into one of the five international DDS programs and I am not sure how tough is it. since they extended the RT exams , do u think it will be easier to get in one of these schools, otherwise i will try NYU, please let me know as I am thinking of moving from east coast to CA , to try to get in one of the schools also do I have to join the Duggal course work to prepare for the practical exams conducted by various schools in CA?
Thanks,

CONGRATULATIONS to everyone accepted in UCSF and other schools.
I really wonder what is it like posting an acceptence in some school.
I don`t know when I would get a chance to do so........

congrats to all u guys out thr.
whn did ucsf send the acceptances? by post or email?
i didnot get anything from thm as yet.
hey guys has any1 received the waitlist and rejections as yet?
i saw this thread only today.
tried calling ms.richardson. no1s picking up the ph as usual.
:rolleyes:

Desi Doc said:

PM me.

How long did it take after your interview to hear about your acceptance :confused:

hey guys
i am from southern california and i got acceptance letter from UCSF.I am on H-4 visa and have no idea regarding loans for people on H-4 visa.Anybody who has gone through this before or is in a similar state please share some info. about loans.
thnx

stats on people who got accepted...............

congrats

Karoliena said:
How long did it take after your interview to hear about your acceptance :confused:
hey karoliena,
it took exactly 2 weeks to hear from ucsf....(by regular mail)
some did receive an email but i didnt.....i directly received snail mail....
the results came out much earlier than the official date that they had mentioned at the time of interview.....

hi guys
i got accepted too in ucsf.
i had called up petri gordon yesterday and he said he sent sent a mail to me on monday and it should reach me anyday. i told him tht one girl whm i knew got a letter 2 days back. thn he read out my address and it was wrong. he told me to wait till today and call him up if i didnt get anything. i didnt and i called him up again now. he sent me an email with the provisional acceptance.

if u havent heard frm thm as yet thn u should call thm up and ask. they might have the address wrong for all uknow :rolleyes: :)

starwars said:
hey karoliena,
it took exactly 2 weeks to hear from ucsf....(by regular mail)
some did receive an email but i didnt.....i directly received snail mail....
the results came out much earlier than the official date that they had mentioned at the time of interview.....
yup 2 weeks to reach us. but they exactly 5 working days to decide....18,19,22,23,24 . the letters were posted on 29th.nov.
dont u think tht was pretty quick ,evaluating 80 people in 5 days????????????????

Congratulations, Ann. Your hard work finaly paid off.

Ann 03 said:
hi guys
i had called up petri gordon yesterday and he said he sent sent a mail to me on monday and it should reach me anyday. i told him tht one girl whm i knew got a letter 2 days back. thn he read out my address and it was wrong. he told me to wait till today and call him up if i didnt get anything. i didnt and i called him up again now. he sent me an email with the provisional acceptance.

if u havent heard frm thm as yet thn u should call thm up and ask. they might have the address wrong for all uknow :rolleyes: :)
hey ann,
congrats.... :)
party time now..... :thumbup:

today by snail mail. Finally...

Last 2 days were hard waiting to hear from UCSF and now very happy & relieved about it.

BEST WISHES TO EVERYONE.

Ramya.

hI EVERYONE,
Congratulations to you all who made it to UCSF. I think ur dreams had come true and i wish you all the best.

International

does anyone know interational dentists in UCSF who already are in th program ? if so i really need to get in touch with some student from there , please pm me.

thanks sj35, starwars, and international.
congrats ramya.
i will call u :)

Hi Ann,
Congrats :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Party time........... :love:

Ann 03 said:
hi guys

thanks ram
the past year has definitely been a major struggle. :) yeah i am partying :D

hi!
Anybody got information package from UCSF?

no not yet ivshah

I am still waiting for the information packet.

naina said:
friends,
congratulations starwars,pepsi,yugiangw,docontherun..great relief ,
can i know whether u guys are from california.
thanks..

hi naina

thanx a tons! yep its definitely a great relief! i am from California

yep even i am waiting for the info packet. I spoke with Ms. Richardson last week and she said that they will be posting it this week...

Today I received regular mail from UCSF.I am on middle priority alternate list, hoping for the best to happen.