General Got an acceptance at my dream school, but now struggling to pass a class. Will it be rescinded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Question

Member Question
Volunteer Staff
Reaction score
I'm posting because I'm having a hard time finding an answer to this question. I've been lucky enough to receive an acceptance offer at my choice school. The problem is, I'm struggling through my genetics class right now and I'm worried about whether or not I'll even be able to get a 75%-80% (C or B-) upon completion. I have straight-A's and this has never happened before. Could I in theory get a D, pass, and still be accepted? The average on our last test was 57% and although I scored a 69%, he said he's not going to curve. My question is this: if I only pass with a grade in the C- to B- range, will my acceptance be rescinded? That would be really sad. My current grade is a 78% and we have 2 more tests, we've had 5 overall. 1 test will be dropped so obviously I'm hoping to drop the 69% but even then my other two are 79% and 86% so an A is hard to reach at this point.

Thanks all.

— Experts please respond to this post —

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Stay focused on your genetics class. This won't be the first time you won't get an A in your class if you make it to medical school. That said, you probably won't get your acceptance yanked because of getting your first-ever non-A or non-B grade. Don't panic/commit an IA, which would likely give an admissions committee pause.

Status
Not open for further replies.