Medical Will leaving job early lead to rescinding of acceptance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Question

Member Question
Volunteer Staff
Reaction score
Hey! So I’m lucky enough to have gotten accepted to a really great medical school at this point, but I quit my clinical gap year job pretty recently because of the toxic work environment that was really worsening my mental health. I knew I didn’t want to be in this type of place before medical school starts. I’m wondering if I should be concerned about medical schools possibly rescinding my offer because I quit my job earlier than anticipated? My supervisor was also pretty upset because I said I would work until the summer (but never signed anything), and they wrote a letter for me, so it looks like I just used them and then decided to quit once I got accepted. I didn’t tell them about the awful things they’ve said to me and how I just hate working there. I’m afraid they’ll contact the schools I got accepted to (yes I believe they’re capable of doing this). I don’t have a plan for what I’ll do until the next fall, but I want to do something that I enjoy. Thank you!

— Experts please respond to this post —

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if they were to contact the school, I don’t think they would rescind anything.

It would mainly make your employer come across as petty if they go out of the way to do that

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you all for the reassurance! I was just worried about the part in my acceptance letter that states “the submission of false or misleading information in the application materials shall be the grounds for rejection”. Would my quitting early (and thereby my projected hours indicated on the primary) fall under this?

Was it a lie, or did you intend to mislead?

No, I really did think I was going to work until I matriculated, but the stress of it, along with my boss yelling at me, made me realize I hated my workplace. I want to find something that made me happy and not want to cry all the time. I guess I was just overthinking the “false information” part because I told my interviewers I would work until I matriculate (which again is what I believed until I hit my breaking point).

It will be fine, although you will have to potentially answer exactly the above. This happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.