Got an interview!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

santa_claus

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am really excited about getting an interview with both Flinders and UQ. From what I understood, PBL is going to be an important topic in each of them. Any tips on where I can learn more about PBL? Also, any other interview tips? Anybody out there who had been interviewed on the phone, what did like and dislike about it, and what did you find the most difficult? Any feedback appreciated.

-lk

Members don't see this ad.

PBL- problem based learning is a huge teamwork exercise so they will ask when have you worked in a team what have you learnt from a team how do you contribute to a team etc

...what qualities make a good leader, why is ability to work in a team important for docs, what are your strengths/weaknesses.

I've been getting mixed responses about UQ interview contents this year. Some are saying it's now more of a conversation about you, others have said there are still the components of the semi-structured interview (pick one of the terms and define for a layman; argue one of the following positions; listen to this scenario and answer some questions about it; etc). Not sure if it's a matter of selective memory on the part of the interviewees or if there are multiple formats this year.

Members don't see this ad :)
teamwork is a topic they will prolly hammer you with.

I participated in an interview where they asked;
"Who is the most important member of a team"

Response: There is not most important member. Everyone has a specific job to do and all their jobs are important. Without everyone the team could not achive its goal. Different people within that team may have more or less to do than others but each is an equally valuable member of that team.

Basically what your saying is Doctors are very important but without the Nurses then none of the doctors orders are carried out, and the Allied health staff (physiotherapists, Occupational therapists, speach therapists ect) are important because they assist with the patients physical abilities and help them get home faster. Whislts the doctor may have the greatest responsability they arnt the "most important".