Got new mcat score during cycle. what now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fullblownrig

Reaction score
Hi I went from a 507 to a 513 on the mcat. I got my 513 score today but already submitted secondaries in august with my 507 and put in my amcas app that I had an mcat on the way. Is there anything for me to do at this point like email and update schools or are they going to get it anyways and all I should do is wait? Thank you for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

First off congratulations! That is a great increase and one that vastly improves your odds of getting in somewhere.

You DEFINITELY need to reach out every school that allows updates and let them know how you did. While your score gets updated at AMMC and thus AMCAS, there is a good chance that the very busy adcoms will not see your improvement without you letting them know. Be polite and express gratitude when you reach out, and ask them via email or phone if there is a specific way they want you to formally let them know about your score jump.

Good luck and congratulations once again. May you have continued great fortune during this process.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 1 users
First off congratulations! That is a great increase and one that vastly improves your odds of getting in somewhere.

You DEFINITELY need to reach out every school that allows updates and let them know how you did. While your score gets updated at AMMC and thus AMCAS, there is a good chance that the very busy adcoms will not see your improvement without you letting them know. Be polite and express gratitude when you reach out, and ask them via email or phone if there is a specific way they want you to formally let them know about your score jump.

Good luck and congratulations once again. May you have continued great fortune during this process.
Thank you! I spoke to my admissions advisors and they told me I didn't have to do anything but i don't think they've actually ever told me anything completely right in the time I was there so I probably will just update. A lot of writing ahead o_O