Grade Replacement Anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ias2512

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, does anyone know what the deal is with "grade replacement"
In my university, if you get a D or an F you can retake the class and the second grade will replace the old one in our gpa, but the old one will still show up on our transcript.

Now, after talking with my pre-med/dent advisor, he told me that while our university gpa will reflect the second grade, dental schools will not when calculating our gpa. Some people say they will average the two, others say that they will take the second grade regardless, etc, etc...

What do you guys thinK?

Members don't see this ad.

ias2512 said:
Hey, does anyone know what the deal is with "grade replacement"
In my university, if you get a D or an F you can retake the class and the second grade will replace the old one in our gpa, but the old one will still show up on our transcript.

Now, after talking with my pre-med/dent advisor, he told me that while our university gpa will reflect the second grade, dental schools will not when calculating our gpa. Some people say they will average the two, others say that they will take the second grade regardless, etc, etc...

What do you guys thinK?

Your university GPA means nothing...your AADSAS GPA means everything.

With that said, AADSAS averages the two grades.