GRE Online Testing Proctor, ProctorU, have blacked out testing dates from July through August

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrsWithoutBorderCollies

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I hope I haven't missed another thread addressing this, but I just scheduled my GRE test and found that I had to take it online using a third party: ProctorU. When I tried to schedule my test for early July to leave time to retake the test in August if needed I found the July and August have been blacked out due to site maintenance. I see this as a major problem as it leaves me very little time to study between the end of my classes and a test in June. It also leaves me far less time to study if I feel I need to retake the test. Has anybody had similar issues? Was anybody able to schedule a test in July or August?
Any help is appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
This is awful ): How about us students who have MacBooks and no access to a windows computer? When we can only take the proctored exam on a windows computer.... (from what I've heard)

Is it possible July and August are blacked out because they expect to be back to in-person testing by then? When I try to schedule a test for those dates through ETS it shows available in-person seats at testing centers and does not require I go through ProctorU. Post updates! I have to register too... eventually :confused:.

VMCAS just sent an email that they’ll post admissions related information soon including the GRE requirement. Could it be possible for this cycle that the GRE may not be a requirement?

ProctorU said that at home testing would still be available in July/August and to check back in the second week of July.

Reactions: 1 users