GRE Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xMerryx

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the GRE already and my score was 980 :( (yes, I'm very depressed) For some universitites the minimum required is 1000. I souldn't even bother in applying right?

Members don't see this ad.

You definitely should still apply, but you should take the GRE over again if you can. Your score is low, but if you study harder, you are sure to do a lot better. I got a poor score when I took it last February, then took it again this August and improved. No need to get depressed!

You may want to consider Kaplan prep course. It's expensive, but also really helpful.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, I will not have a chance to apply for the upcomming fall since you can only take the GRE once a month, unless I take it the first day possible in January, but I do not know how long will it take to be sent to the universitites

If you don't get accepted this year, you can re-apply next year. But in that case make sure you take GRE again.

kepp your head up. My friend got accepted to Univ. North FL with a 980, but she did have like a 3.6-3.8 GPA. I have a low GPA, ~2.99 and an 1150 on the GRE and i'm still applying. However, ive applied to 4 schools in early Nov. and still have not gotten any interviews from the ones that require one. Sucks for me!

well, I have a 3.5 gpa right now, The thing is wanted to apply ti Miami but they require a 1000 score in the grg. other schools say they'll consider lower scores but not miami, you guys think I should still try and apply to UM?

Definitely retake the GRE. I've had many friends do poorly the first time, only to increase their score by 100 points or more the second time.

Your GPA is great (better than mine), so don't let a stupid test get in your way. Applying to more than one school can't hurt either.

don't worry, I had about the same score as you. I think I made an even 1000? And my GPA was significantly lower than yours, and I got in.

I actually just got done with my second quarter. :)

good luck!

Hell yeah I would apply. If I had the GPA like yours. Doesn't Miami look at the better scores of each section anyway if you take the GRE twice.

i.e. 1st time : Quant:500 Verbal:480
2bd time: Quant: 480 Verbal: 500

Then they will just take the higher sections of each time = 500 + 500. I did look at Miami when I first decided to do PT but it's $9000 per sem b/c it's private... too rich for me.....and plus I went to FSU.

Ohh...and by the way. If your from FL, why did you not apply to USF. They dont even require a GRE score and I think they are the best school in FL....I hope you knew that...you probably had your eyes set on the "U" though.

Not really, I think I thought FSU applicatioin deadline was later and I didn't have a chance 'cause the faculty member that is writing my letters hasn't still gave them to me :S

Ummm...I dont think FSU has a program yet.

haha sorry I meant USF....WOW I THINK THAT WAS MOMENTARY DISLEXIA RIGHT THERE!