General Admissions & OTCAS GRE submit questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ot.3277

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, the GRE is the last thing on my list which I will be taking in August and September. However, I plan to apply before taking the test and then saying when I plan to take it on both dates OTCAS but with no score entry. Is this allowed or do I have to wait for at least my August test scores to come in? Thanks, I appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You can submit the OTCAS before you take the GRE and input your score when the academic update window is opened in January-ish. However, if you're already taking the GRE in August, I'd wait to submit at least the August GRE score. The OTCAS takes at least a month to get in order anyway. Some schools might be nit-picky about this and while it won't prevent you from getting an interview invitation, it'd be a shame to be put in the "maybe" pile because you haven't sent in a GRE score. Good luck!!!

Hi Everyone, the GRE is the last thing on my list which I will be taking in August and September (I know late, I thought I was going to take a gap year). However, I plan to apply before taking the test and then saying when I plan to take it on both dates OTCAS but with no score entry. Is this allowed or do I have to wait for at least my August test scores to come in? Thanks all, I appreciate it!

Umm once you submit your OTCAS you won't be able to add any GRE scores during the academic update, you can only add classes... at least when I did my academic update last cycle I couldn't update my GRE scores (and I did try). I think maybe you should email the schools that you are applying to and asking if it matters if your GRE scores are on your OTCAS or can they be sent at a later date...most schools actually won't care if you send them at a later date because they only go off of OFFICIAL GRE scores anyway and you putting them on OTCAS isn't official... BUT some schools may require you to have them on OTCAS so definitely email and ask. I know one school I was going to apply to did not accept official GRE scores they only went by what was on OTCAS... which was weird, but make sure you check. It's always better to apply early so I think you will be better off emailing all you schools you are interested in, as opposed to just waiting to submit your OTCAS. If they don't care then submit your OTCAS as soon as possible... if they say it matters then wait... but also keep in mind all schools you are applying to deadline because like Weaver4 said it does take about a month for OTCAS to be verified. And it also take up to 3 weeks for GRE scores to reach schools so plan accordingly for that too.