growing a practice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

soccrwz

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Longtime lurker! Just graduating fellowship, moving to a new city, looking for some tip/pitfalls to avoid from the SDN gods. When growing a new practice in Texas. Bought a practice management book suggested on he forum as well.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Longtime lurker! Just graduating fellowship, moving to a new city, looking for some tip/pitfalls to avoid from the SDN gods. When growing a new practice in Texas. Bought a practice management book suggested on he forum as well.

There’s a big thread just recently on basically the same topic...

starting own pain practice

I was hoping to gain more information about growing a fledgling practice beyond acquiring kits, c arms, et cetera. Any tips on marketing, meet and greets, would be greatly appreciated!

It will take time: I would say 1.5-2 years. You need a broad referral base, then you can tweak later. Every patient feedback to their referring doc matters, so do your best with the patients. Growth also comes from patients referring family members as well. You will need at least a basic website so people/local docs know who you are and what you do. Be balanced: don’t be a needle jockey or be total drugs and no procedures. Nothing heroic in your first year: maybe hold off on doing 500 kyphoplasty cases during your first year. Not saying that you should be timid, just pick your very interventional cases carefully and always lean hard on proper patient selection. I would say that your toughest thing will be meeting expectations, those of the patients and referring docs, as well as the rest of the world around you.... Lastly, from the bottom of my heart, good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 users