Guidance for a Pharmaceutical graduate Student?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lalalalava

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello wonderful people of the interwebs! I am currently a pharmaceutical science Masters student and would like some guidance to this whole challenging thing of medical school.

I graduated from undergrad with a 3.176 in Biochemistry in 3 years. Plainly put I was rushing.
I figured that my undergrad grades weren't good enough. So i decided to do a masters without being aware of SMPs as well as post bac. I have an idea of what im going to do to eventually try to get into medical school, but could you all enlighten me with a little help?

During undergrad i mostly worked as a babysitter and volunteered for 2 years as a cardiac unit greeter. During that time I also held a part time job working for a construction company as a human resource manager as well as being a private math tutor.

I am a grad MS student in Pharmaceutical science and I don't know if this masters program would even help my gpa after reading all of the similar situations on several other threads. My current situation in graduate school is that my overall GPA, if I continue to get straight A's upon completion would be a mere 3.5-3.6.

This is what I was thinking of doing which I am not sure would help me into the path of medical school or if it would sway my application in a negative manner. As I am supposed to graduate in the Spring of 2016. I was planning on applying the summer of 2016. From this time until then I hoped to volunteer at another hospital, shadow a family doctor as well as a cardiologist for a few months. I am also hoping to find a research job that is correlated to my major. Amidst all of this I would try to study for the new MCAT and take it early April 2016.

This is where I am running into a lot of problems as I don't know if I am doing the right thing. I feel as though I should take some bio/chem classes that would boost my undegrad gpa at a local community college this summer. I also wanted to apply to an SMP program the fall of 2015 before I graduate.

This basically puts me finally submitting my application 3 years after I graduate. Will this be enough for me to stand out among other applicants? I would really like some advice to enhancing my application.

Members don't see this ad.