Happy Physician Anesthesiologists Week!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Urzuz

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just kidding. You’re a tool if you celebrate this week.

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 22 users
cringe that we gave ourselves a week to follow CRNA week. happy MDA week!

Reactions: 1 users
cringe that we gave ourselves a week to follow CRNA week. happy MDA week!

We didn’t give ourselves anything. Those clueless leaders at the ASA forced upon us yet another ridiculous thing we don’t need.

That said, you bet I’ll be sending out emails to nurse/hospital administrators reminding them to recognize our week in similar fashion as they did other nurse weeks. I want my damn gift bag and Yeti cooler.

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Are there internal med or surgeon physician weeks? I thought they lumped all physicians in to a single day usually accompanied with a free prison food level lunch from the hospital in a reusable bag that breaks on the way back to your work room...

Reactions: 6 users
We didn’t give ourselves anything. Those clueless leaders at the ASA forced upon us yet another thing we don’t need.

That said, you bet I’ll be sending out emails to nurse/hospital administrators reminding them to recognize our week in similar fashion as they did other nurse weeks. I want my damn gift bag and Yeti cooler.
lol yea i meant the ASA who supposedly represent us all. They've already played into the CRNA propaganda with their redundant Physician Anesthesiologist bs.

Reactions: 2 users
Only thing worse than having a "week" is the stupidass redundant "Physician" part of the title of the week

Reactions: 4 users
I thought they lumped all physicians in to a single day
Which is the way it should be for anesthesiologists.

Creating your own week reeks of the inferiority complex and desperation that the anesthesia nurses exhibit.

Reactions: 4 users
CRNA here.

What’s the best way to thank the docs I work with and wish them a happy PA week? The CRNAs have a good working relationship with all of them and mutual respect.

Not at all like the toxic relationships I read about on this board.

Definitely call it PA week.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
I literally had an online disagreement with a young doc on not calling himself a provider. He insisted he wanted to be inclusive and if I thought I was inherently better then I was the problem.
This is where we are heading.

• Wow
  • Hmm
Reactions: 3 users
I literally had an online disagreement with a young doc on not calling himself a provider. He insisted he wanted to be inclusive and if I thought I was inherently better then I was the problem.
This is where we are heading.
What a dork. Do I feel that I am better then that other anesthesia "provider", CRNAs? Absolutely not. I know I am.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
The bottom of their CRNA week poster already says American Association of Nurse Anesthesiology.

They're already there.
It’s disgusting. Anytime someone asks me about nurse anesthesiologists versus physician anesthesiologists I say, “ anesthesiologists are physicians”. And if they don’t get it I ignore their damn questions.

Reactions: 1 users
It’s disgusting. Anytime someone asks me about nurse anesthesiologists versus physician anesthesiologists I say, “ anesthesiologists are physicians”. And if they don’t get it I ignore their damn questions.
I would ignore their regular questions as well.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user