Has anyone here been accepted to a dental school through a telephone call?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalstud07

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Just wondering out of curiosity if any of you have been accepted by telephone.

I'm specifically interested in knowing about Case Western, University of Pennsylvania, Columbia, and Detroit Mercy.

I know it doesn't make a difference, however I am very interested in knowing this.

Thanks. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Detroit-Mercy does everything via snail mail..and i mean EVERYTHING...you'll get an application update like once a month...even if you've already been accepted haha. They must have a deal w/ the postal service or something.

Detroit-Mercy does everything via snail mail..and i mean EVERYTHING...you'll get an application update like once a month...even if you've already been accepted haha. They must have a deal w/ the postal service or something.

Members don't see this ad :)
whoops...double post

UW is by phone
Columbia and UPenn by snail mail

Hey thanks,

But let's say for example, Columbia. You stated that they do everything throught mail.

Let's say in August, someone drops out of the class, I'm sure that they still do not use snail mail. They probably give a telephone call instead to fill the vacant spot. Up until a certain point, schools use snail mail, and then probably use telephone calls as the school year begins.

Has anyone been given a telephone call instead from any school that they've interviewed at?

Stony Brook called me Dec 1 and let me know I was in.

I don't know what other schools call. Email might be a possibility...

If it's literally the day before class, I'm sure they call or at least email. Something instantaneous.

Even if a school calls you, they most likely will supplement that call with something in paper form. I did receive a call that I was accepted to BU and they also sent me a letter.

Even if a school calls you, they most likely will supplement that call with something in paper form. I did receive a call that I was accepted to BU and they also sent me a letter.

I got calls from most of the schools I was accepted to. Mail was about 3-5 days later.