Has anyone here been tutored by JohnWetzel (wikipremed)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Habits

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am curious if anyone has received tutoring from John and what they have to say about it. He seems like a very nice guy who is extremely knowledgeable but I just wanted to get a second opinion on his teaching. He has a few great reviews, but has only posted a few when he claims to have tutored hundreds of students, so that was a red flag for me.

This was his initial posting: MCAT Tutoring Availability

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I am curious if anyone has received tutoring from John and what they have to say about it. He seems like a very nice guy who is extremely knowledgeable but I just wanted to get a second opinion on his teaching. He has a few great reviews, but has only posted a few when he claims to have tutored hundreds of students, so that was a red flag for me.

This was his initial posting: MCAT Tutoring Availability

John is amazing! I do not give that comment out lightly. He is one of the very best tutors you will find, and his experience will make your sessions way more productive than typical tutoring sessions. Even though he is a competitor, we (everyone at BR who has dealt with him) have the utmost respect for him and Wikipremed. He has been around for many, many years and has quietly helped many students.

In this industry, I believe most services are way overpriced for the quality you get. Tutoring services can definitely be a scam, and for the past several years they have popped up with a beautiful website and a bunch of testimonials and then disappeared a year later. The commercial services charge in excess of $100/hour, which is ludicrous.

I would also highly recommend you take MCATKings advice to heart. I am amazed beyond words how much energy and time he has put in to helping people, not taking a dime for everything he has done for the community at large. And as he points out, tutoring for the MCAT is more than knowing sciences, or knowing psychology/sociology, it's knowing how the test is laid out and how test writers think. Learning to take the MCAT is about mastering the art of answering multiple choice questions where you don't know everything. That is a skill that raises scores more than any other.

If you can be tutored by either John or MCATkings, you will be in very good hands.

Reactions: 1 user