Has anyone tried NextStep Test Prep tutoring?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BeachBaby

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been studying and taking the KAPLAN course to prepare for taking the MCAT on May 22nd. However, I feel like I need some help organizing a calendar for how to study for the next three months. I am worried that without a detailed plan, I will continue to feel overwhelmed and disorganized with my approach.

Has anyone used NextStepPrep? Was it helpful to have a personal tutor? Worth the money?

Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Did you end up doing this yourself? I know there was no response but I'm wondering this now

I did do NextStep! It was completely worth it! Kaplan was a waste of money compared to the books and customized one on one tutoring with nextstep. message me if you want a free hour of tutoring

Members don't see this ad :)
I did do NextStep! It was completely worth it! Kaplan was a waste of money compared to the books and customized one on one tutoring with nextstep. message me if you want a free hour of tutoring
I'm considering taking the 40 hr option but the price is so high. Can you elaborate how you felt about it? Thanks :)

It was really great to have a day by day study plan! I liked my tutor and I felt like nextstep really cared if I was happy or not with the sessions

It was really great to have a day by day study plan! I liked my tutor and I felt like nextstep really cared if I was happy or not with the sessions
That's great to hear!

I took Kaplan myself and didn't really feel that the course helped other than giving me tons of materials to practice. Did you feel that NextStep help improve your score drastically?

Yeah, NS is great. You basically tell your tutor your weak areas, and he/she will make a schedule for you. Every week you'll go over any questions you have, do some assigned homework from their strategy and practice books, and take a practice fl. The tutor's know their ****. I felt that the customer service/support was really helpful.

Which tutoring plan did you end up taking? I was thinking of the 40 hr plan but I think that might be too much (both time wise and wallet wise).

Which tutoring plan did you end up taking? I was thinking of the 40 hr plan but I think that might be too much (both time wise and wallet wise).

I took the 24 hour plan. They said I would be able to add more hours later if I wished. & also when you recommend someone, they get an extra hour of tutoring and so do you. If you want next step, I can give you the code for one free hour.

Reactions: 1 user
I took the 24 hour plan. They said I would be able to add more hours later if I wished. & also when you recommend someone, they get an extra hour of tutoring and so do you. If you want next step, I can give you the code for one free hour.
I'd like a free hour! Please PM me :)

With the 24 hour plan, did you already finish content review? That is where I am right now- I've finished the EK books, am doing some flashcards and working on the AAMC Question banks... but... I'd like to study a bit more aggressively now.

I'd like a free hour too! Please PM me :)

I would love a free hour as well! Please PM me!