Uworld or AAMC test prep? I can't afford both but don't know which to choose

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chunkyelephant

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi so I have about 7 months before I take my mcat and was wondering which resource to use. They are both quite pricey and are both very good so i don't know which to choose.

Members don't see this ad.

Ideally, you want both. Did you check whether you qualify for FAP from the AAMC? This will allow you to receive the AAMC test prep for free.

Reactions: 1 user
AAMC beats everything. You have the actual author of the exam and the materials that new test writers use for reference when writing MCAT passages and questions versus a commercial resource. It doesn't matter which company it is that you wish to compare to, AAMC materials are the better option.

There are enough free resources out there to have plenty to review, so if you only have money for one resource, make it the AAMC exams and section banks.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Ideally, you want both. Did you check whether you qualify for FAP from the AAMC? This will allow you to receive the AAMC test prep for free.

Both is truly a powerful combo.

However also try for FAP through AAMC.

UWorld was immeasurably helpful for me, it's basically turbocharged content review and excellent timing practice.

However, I have to agree with BerkReviewTeach that if you can ONLY get one, get AAMC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
If i do get both, how do i even schedule that into my study routine? cause there's content and questions from both resources. do i split it like 3 days a week aamc and 3 days a week uworld?

Last edited by a moderator:
If i do get both, how do i even schedule that into my study routine? cause there's content and questions from both resources. do i split it like 3 days a week aamc and 3 days a week uworld?
Usually people use UWorld first and then maybe 1.5 month away from their test date they will only use AAMC materials

Reactions: 1 users