Has your education ever been interrupted or affected adversely for reasons other than deficiencies in conduct or academic performance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blu_lix

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was going to say yes because someone close to me died suddenly and unexpectedly, and this led to my own struggles with mental health. My grades dropped, I needed hardship withdrawals, and I needed medical intervention. It was temporary and I was checked within the last year to no longer need any form of treatment or support for my mental health. But I am really second-guessing the situation because I don't know if this would make me look bad. I was going to put it under disadvantaged, but I figured that would look worse.

I'm just not sure if any admissions board would think that my mental health would get worse in dental school because of this statement. I could see someone saying that, but also it was triggered by someone's death. Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Members don't see this ad.

that story is what this section is for...

Reactions: 1 user
that story is what this section is for...

Is it though? Some schools ask for an explanation about bad grades on secondaries. I just want to make sure I'm not jeopardizing my own chances. I can't change it once I submit it, but should I mention it twice when I get the secondary?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Is it though? Some schools ask for an explanation about bad grades on secondaries. I just want to make sure I'm not jeopardizing my own chances
then do as you wish...

I’m with @macsak. You’re overthinking this thing. That’s what the section is for.

Reactions: 2 users