Headache cocktail....any good?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is a REALLY old thread, but as a recent sufferer of a migraine that lead me to a walk-in and Fiorcet and then to the ER later that night when it got worse, I received the Benadryl/Toradol/Compazine cocktail which was not helpful. While the Benadryl made me sleepy, the Compazine made me want to rip the IV out of my arm and run out of the building. Their suggestion was to add more Benadryl. A sedated patient is a happy patient I guess. I made my husband take me home after that, and here we are now 4 days into it and I still have a terrible cluster migraine. Before I go anywhere else, pending seeing a neurologist in a few weeks, what other combos should I suggest be tried if I end up returning to the ER? And has anyone heard of that bad reaction to Compazine with the other two?

Members don't see this ad.

SDN is not for medical advice. We are not able to do so if we wanted. This thread will be locked soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
Status
Not open for further replies.