HELP! IL Resident, GPA 3.633, MCAT 26

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amartandon23

medapplicant2345849483
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
what do you guys think about my chances?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
honestly not very good chances.
Uillinois has a 10th percentile of 25, so thats a maybe, but im guessing those people have amazing stories or are URM and whatnot

you could try some OOS schools with low MCAT ranges, but most of them will be public universities that cater to their residents

honestly your best bet is to go DO, or to retake the MCAT

For your MCAT, approximately the following numbers matriculated in IL schools: RF:15/190, Loyola10/157, Rush 10/128, Southern, 7/72 and UI, 35/315. A strong alliance with mission probably explains many in the Loyola and Southern groups. We don't know how many in any group are OOS.

I would agree that chances are not great at the MD schools but not zero either.

DO would be a better bet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not very good I would say. I applied with 30 mcat and 3.27 gpa a couple years ago as an Illinois resident. I didn't get a single interview for MD schools.

Concur with my learned colleague but my own take is that a <10% chance is pretty much not worth trying unless you have something that makes you really stand out, like a compelling life story (or a donation check). Strongly suggest retaking MCATif your committed soley to an MD degree.

You're fine right now for CCOM, Marion, DMU and other DO programs.

For your MCAT, approximately the following numbers matriculated in IL schools: RF:15/190, Loyola10/157, Rush 10/128, Southern, 7/72 and UI, 35/315. A strong alliance with mission probably explains many in the Loyola and Southern groups. We don't know how many in any group are OOS.

I would agree that chances are not great at the MD schools but not zero either.

DO would be a better bet.