HELP is it too late to apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medimedimedi

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all! Long time lurker on family medicine threads. I have already applied to psychiatry but I have been regretting not applying to family medicine, not as a backup but because I've always been torn between the two. I think I would be equally happy in both. Is it too late to apply? I am also very specifically looking for programs in Los Angeles. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Are you sure you're not having buyers remorse?

There are some Psych/FM programs. But I don't think they are in the Los Angles area.

Psych can do really well in private pay model. Something to think about.

I definitely considered the dual programs but everyone said that you'll end up doing one or the other and not to waste your time with them, so I regretfully didn't apply.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can see that. I can also see someone who has done a dual program doing something like working in a rural er part time or urgent care or clinic and having a private practice psych therapy. Perhaps the best of both worlds. If you get sick of one you can do more of the other.
It may not increase your income and it will take a couple of more years to finish but it will give you some freedom later in your career to do less hour or less intense work with good pay.

Yesterday (Nov. 9) I got 2 invites. Last wk I got 1 invite. The week before that I think I got like 4 invites. Hope this info helps.

Reactions: 1 user