Help me add more programs!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Premedico

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to add about 10-20 more preliminary medicine programs at this point. Applied last week of Sept/1st week of October for various reasons and haven't heard back from enough. I'm extremely worried now. Can you guys help me make a list of mid to low tier programs in various parts of the country (good training + good lifestyle + good location (really really really prefer big city) are my priorities, reputation and rank does not matter much). I honestly don't know much about programs except those around my area.

Several programs have already filled their interview spots.

Pretty sleepless right now. I can't figure out what went wrong except being late by 2 weeks. Please help me in making a list.

Members don't see this ad.

I want to add about 10-20 more preliminary medicine programs at this point. Applied last week of Sept/1st week of October for various reasons and haven't heard back from enough. I'm extremely worried now. Can you guys help me make a list of mid to low tier programs in various parts of the country (good training + good lifestyle + good location (really really really prefer big city) are my priorities, reputation and rank does not matter much). I honestly don't know much about programs except those around my area.

Several programs have already filled their interview spots.

Pretty sleepless right now. I can't figure out what went wrong except being late by 2 weeks. Please help me in making a list.

Step 1, decide where you want to be (we can't do this for you). Step 2, make a list of all the prelim programs in that region. Big cities usually have 5 or more prelim programs in the vicinity, so pick 3 cities you might enjoy living in and you'll have your list. If it's only a prelim and you are going somewhere else after, the training won't matter so much, it's just a year you need to endure. If you need this to be a stepping stone, pedigree becomes much more important. You probably won't have "good lifestyle" in a prelim position, that's mostly why people do TYs, but some places are more sweatshops than others, and some definitely treat their categoricals nicer than the prelims, so you need to talk to people.