Help passing tips needed for NBDE 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kart

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys
I am planning to give my try on September but the thing is I’m an international dentist also having 5month old baby ..so kind of need help in passing it..I just want to know which are the best materials to go on and does anyone know abt dental mastery app and have access for that?help me out pls it vl b very grateful

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I cleared the NBDE Part 1 after studying for 1.5 months. Also, I gave this exam almost 14 years after graduating in my country. It was not easy for sure. It requires complete dedication, focus & hard work.
Since you have a small child, it will be challenging for you. I wish you all the best! I would be happy to share with you what I did to clear this exam:
1) I studied only 1 book: Dentin Part 1. It gave me a strong base and helped me refresh the basics of the subject quickly. I dont think I could have cleared the exam without this book!
2) ASDA Reprints for NBDE 1: You cannot afford to do the repeat questions wrong on the test day. So you have to understand & memorize these extremely well.
3) Crack the NBDE App: The Time mode practice app simulates the actual NBDE Exam test screen and format. Giving the mock exams (After studying Dentin) gave me the required confidence for clearing each subject.
4) Google search: It is great to clear whatever doubts you have using Google images and explanations.
5) YouTube: Master occlusion in 5 minutes-NBDE Part 1 Boards Study
To clear this exam, you need to have your basics right. A good understanding of the subject will give you the confidence to clear it.
Of course, you need to revise 2-3 times. Good luck :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Actually your child's age is perfect for study. Before crawling and walking starts

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I cleared the NBDE Part 1 after studying for 1.5 months. Also, I gave this exam almost 14 years after graduating in my country. It was not easy for sure. It requires complete dedication, focus & hard work.
Since you have a small child, it will be challenging for you. I wish you all the best! I would be happy to share with you what I did to clear this exam:
1) I studied only 1 book: Dentin Part 1. It gave me a strong base and helped me refresh the basics of the subject quickly. I dont think I could have cleared the exam without this book!
2) ASDA Reprints for NBDE 1: You cannot afford to do the repeat questions wrong on the test day. So you have to understand & memorize these extremely well.
3) Crack the NBDE App: The Time mode practice app simulates the actual NBDE Exam test screen and format. Giving the mock exams (After studying Dentin) gave me the required confidence for clearing each subject.
4) Google search: It is great to clear whatever doubts you have using Google images and explanations.
To clear this exam, you need to have your basics right. A good understanding of the subject will give you the confidence to clear it.

Thanks a lot vl help a lot in my case

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

How many hours did you spend every day? I have my test in one month and I'm studying around 5 , 6 hours per day. I also have the Dentin book , release exams and the exam simulator.

Sent from my SM-G965U using SDN mobile

How many hours did you spend every day? I have my test in one month and I'm studying around 5 , 6 hours per day. I also have the Dentin book , release exams and the exam simulator.

Hi, I studied 12-14 hours/day and revised Dentin (4 times), ASDA papers(thrice), Crack the NBDE App (once/twice) and lots of Google search. I believe that everyone has their own style of studying and what works for one may or may not work for someone else. But what is required is a clear understanding of concepts so that you know the correct answer even before you look at the 04 choices. Good luck!

Hi, I studied 12-14 hours/day and revised Dentin (4 times), ASDA papers(thrice), Crack the NBDE App (once/twice) and lots of Google search. I believe that everyone has their own style of studying and what works for one may or may not work for someone else. But what is required is a clear understanding of concepts so that you know the correct answer even before you look at the 04 choices. Good luck!
Thank you for your advice. How trust do you think are the remember questions? I work in a hospital and the residents have me a lot of remember questions. In most of the cases the questions are repeat more than one time

Thank you for your advice. How trust do you think are the remember questions? I work in a hospital and the residents have me a lot of remember questions. In most of the cases the questions are repeat more than one time

I did not study remembered questions.