help with a LOI for Mt. Sinai

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mr. sparkle

Official Fishbulb Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was going to write a LOI for Mt. Sinai (I was put on their waitlist last month) and was wondering who I should address it to.

Should it be to Scott Barnett or to Mary Rifkin? (I can't find the letter they sent me about the waitlist, otherwise I would address it to the person that signed that.)

thanks in advance for any help.

Members don't see this ad.

I think you should address it to Dr. Scott Barnett.

Good luck!

thank you electro. will get on it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Mr. Sparkle, I interviewed at Sinai two weeks ago and realized that it is definately my top choice school. Do you think I should wait to write LOI or even letter of interest after they have made a decision or should I do it now? Also, when would you send grade updates for fall semester? Thanks

Rzarecta said:
Hey Mr. Sparkle, I interviewed at Sinai two weeks ago and realized that it is definately my top choice school. Do you think I should wait to write LOI or even letter of interest after they have made a decision or should I do it now? Also, when would you send grade updates for fall semester? Thanks

I wouldn't write a letter of intent yet, but I would write a longer thank you note to your interviewers and anyone else involved in your interview expressing why you are interested in the school, why you would fit their program etc. That seems like a fair compromise

rockstar is right rzarecta, you should wait until they give you a decision about your app. you always want to keep the LOI as a last resort kind of tool.

good luck.

Thanks for the advice. I thought Sinai was ab fab and definately my top choice, but I am kinda freaked cuz a kid from my school just got in and my other incred app friend just interviewed right after I did. Hopefully the word is good, but I still have like 4 more weeks to wait so I guess we'll see. Thanks again