MD Help with School List 3.74 36

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

justonemorequestion

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Is your AMCAS cGPA 3.74? If so I think you have a good shot at most top tiers given your significant research experience/MCAT score. Your list looks pretty balanced to me (Decent number of mid/lower tier schools I think you have an excellent chance at). Have you considered dropping Georgetown/BU? They get 10k+ apps a year and unless you have a compelling reason as to why you want to go there you might get screened out.

I haven't actually submitted my primary yet. I plan to do so at the latest by June 17th. For Georgetown/BU, how does their screening process work? Do you mean I would get screened out of getting a secondary? I included both because I would love to be in DC/Boston respectively. Thanks for responding!
Ah, I'm going to guess your cGPA is ~3.7 and sGPA ~3.68 when you average the two schools. Given that, I still think you have a chance at top schools, but your GPA will be on the low end (especially for top 10s). For BU/Georgetown, I believe they send secondaries to everyone but they just get so many that if you're just applying to them because you want to be in the Boston/DC I think you'll have a hard time getting an interview.