Hey Boomers, whats the best twilight zone episode?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Listen2Savage

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
?

Members don't see this ad.

Probably time enough at last, it’s a good life, or nightmare at 20,000 feet.

I’m not a boomer but I loved twilight zone as a kid. Same with outer limits.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The Obsolete Man

Not a boomer, Gen-X here, all the way. I have to admit though, there were twilight zone reruns on when I was a kid (in black and white, Lol !) which I watched sometimes. They were all good, at least according to my 10-year-old lizard-brain, at the time.

Last edited:
Not a boomer, Gen-X here, all the way.
Not to "ding" the OP, but, I think that the OP is using the term "boomer" in a general sense, meaning anyone that is not millennial. I'm Gen-X, also. I don't think we have any boomers, at all, except maybe @Vandalia , if I am not mistaken.

Members don't see this ad :)
There's a meme out there: #okboomer

Usually meant as a slight against older generations who don't know how to use SnapChat or TikTok.

Not to "ding" the OP, but, I think that the OP is using the term "boomer" in a general sense, meaning anyone that is not millennial. I'm Gen-X, also. I don't think we have any boomers, at all, except maybe @Vandalia , if I am not mistaken.
ya not meant as pejorative (although sometimes people do)

anyone between the greatest generation and millenials

just thought thatd be the sweet spot for twilight zone

whatever the one is where everyone has to wear masks until midnight

whatever the one is where everyone has to wear masks until midnight
Yes! I remember that one now. Lol. Man, must have been 30, 35 years since I watched that! I remember that one, though. Was freaky, at the time. At least in the eyes of a kid too young to be watching Twilight Zone. Lol

"Time enough at last." really hit home with me.

Dang. You guys beat me to it. To Serve Man is definitely my favorite. Some of the others mentioned here are close behind. That show was so far ahead of its time. We're still seeing the concepts it brought up being redone and expanded on.

To Serve Man, The Fever (family favorite), The Invaders

Boomer ?!?!?

I am a Forty-Niner. I did the first fellowship in wilderness medicine along the American river back in '49. You can't call yourself an EM physician until you have done a tracheotomy with a pick-axe.

If you look very carefully at the famous drawing of Lincoln's death bed scene, you will find me in the back second from the left.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
So as soon as I wrote the previous post all of my online ads are about wilderness medicine short courses, texts, and videos.

Funny how that works, isn't it?

ya not meant as pejorative (although sometimes people do)

anyone between the greatest generation and millenials

just thought thatd be the sweet spot for twilight zone
boomer is between greatest generation and gen X.

and "eye of the beholder" great episode (gen X here)

The Obsolete Man
Changing of the Guard
The Monsters are Due on Maple Street
A Stop at Willoughby
A Hundred Yards Over the Rim
Deaths-Head Revisited

The one with the masks is call The Masks.

Yeah, I'm a boomer, but the last episode of The Twilight Zone aired just before I turned 3 years old. It is, however, one of my favorite TV shows ever. Right up there with The Simpsons.

Upon further review, the title is actually "A Stop at Willoughby" as TJRock correctly identified. I will add that I am not a boomer but think The Twilight Zone is the best tv show of all time. Essentially every sci-fi concept since then, whether intentional or not, can be traced back to a Rod Serling premise

One more. "Nothing in the Dark", starring a young Robert Redford.