HEYY! BOSTON U & New Jersey DENTAL students out there!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think people should be allowed to share their experience without someone straight away taking in personal and making this whole discussion about them.

The problem is the institution which is BU. I agree with budentite sadly. Sadly because it sucks to go to a university with such an atmosphere.

The correct atmosphere would be where instructors want to help students and see students grow. Where they are organised where they encourage helping one another, where they encourage questions and learning and where they want to pass on the tricks of the trade. Not where they encourage one thing and that is PR skills. Even that was not encouraged but was demanded.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Can't study on religioius holidays, are you kidding me? Who takes it that far? This is professional school, not rabbinical school or seminary. I guarantee that if you had an exam the day after your religious holiday, that you'd be studying on said holiday.
Can I demand the school be prohibited from releasing appointments on Sunday because I'm observing the sabbath?

Wired dude is personalizing this way too much. Daurang is not criticizing students for being excused from exams on religious holidays; rather he is criticizing the administration for granting exceptions for certain people, but not others - back to the favortism argument made earlier. When school policy is to not offer make up exams, and when course directors make every effort to avoid scheduling exams on religious holidays, there is really no reason to let people take an exam early/late. Especially when cheating is so rampant at d-schools. However it's rediculous to not make an exception in the case of medical emergencies or family deaths, when exceptions are made for certain students to attend weddings. Plus, people abuse the "religous exception." For example I knew of a couple students who used that argument to get out of a couple days of school so they could have an extended ski trip vacation.

Wow, talk about prejudice and stereotyping. And he has the nerve to accuse others of bigotry. Take a hard look in the mirror bro.

Again stop singling out a group of people and making up some BS to backup that argument. I highly doubt any school wouldn't allow an individual to leave for a medical emergency, not only is that silly to believe but I can't even imagine trying to write that into an argument to make it sound more plausible. Dont point any fingers at me for explaining how to deal with people in regards to various backgrounds and religions. I am pointing out the reality to duarang and I said it to you. If people are unethical then thats their problem as students, not as members of a religious, race or creed. The fact that you're ignorant and are pointing out the same thing over and over again shows your lack of respect for individuals of other backgrounds.

PS If you have a problem with people taking time off due to religious observations then you're living in a wrong country my friend.

Wired 202808,

pls read what budentite said:

Careful about the Jewish comments. I completely understand what you are saying but other people who have not been shocked with first hand experienced at BU will have a hard time understanding the things that go on there, and may incorrectly discredit you. It should be said, these people at BU are not bad because they are Jews, they are just bad people who happen to take pride in their Jewish heritage. BU was founded by and is controlled by Jews, and yes, they get favorable treatment.

I think if they were Chinese he would say the same or if they were Italian Catholics he would say the same. He is not against the Jews or the Jewish religion. He is against how the school handled things.

Members don't see this ad :)
Word of advice, try to listen more than you speak. And try to understand what you're reading, instead of completely misreading or distorting other people's comments. Also, you're insane and have an inflated ego if you can deny something a student actually went through - Daurang in the hospital.

If you're capable of denying something like that, it's probably not too hard for you to deny that you yourself is the real bigot. You can keep talking about how tolerant and sensitive you are to different kinds of people but you're full of it. "you aren't caucasian"...wtf does that have to with anything? "you're living in the wrong country my friend" - how little of this country have you seen? xenophobe.

Wired202808 reminds me of Chappelle's Clayton Bigsby character: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i9iT...3FC22773904F81

Wired 202808,

I think if they were Chinese he would say the same or if they were Italian Catholics he would say the same. He is not against the Jews or the Jewish religion. He is against how the school handled things.

Thank you toothdr. Straight and to the point.

Last edited:
Word of advice, try to listen more than you speak. And try to understand what you're reading, instead of completely misreading or distorting other people's comments. Also, you're insane and have an inflated ego if you can deny something a student actually went through - Daurang in the hospital.

If you're capable of denying something like that, it's probably not too hard for you to deny that you yourself is the real bigot. You can keep talking about how tolerant and sensitive you are to different kinds of people but you're full of it. "you aren't caucasian"...wtf does that have to with anything? "you're living in the wrong country my friend" - how little of this country have you seen? xenophobe.

Wired202808 reminds me of Chappelle's Clayton Bigsby character: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i9iTYe6tEk&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL783FC22773904F81

Thank you toothdr. Straight and to the point.

I already said this before and i'll repeat it again: If anyone mentioned students as being unethical than I am definitely against that. But saying that a certain group of students is unethical based on race, ethnicity, or religion is prejudicial. The End. Stop retorting and trying to justify prejudicial comments that are aimed at a specific group. Its simply not right.

Wired 202808,

A classy individual doesnt point out a specific group. He could have simply said "a certain group of students tend to do unethical things and get away with it, hence BU is not a good school." vs saying "the Jews kept doing X,Y,Z and got away with it and this happened at BU"

See the difference. Dont tell me i'm being too sensitive this is NOT the right way to address a problem. Any student can be unethical, irregardless of their background.

A classy individual doesnt point out a specific group. He could have simply said "a certain group of students tend to do unethical things and get away with it, hence BU is not a good school." vs saying "the Jews kept doing X,Y,Z and got away with it and this happened at BU"

See the difference. Dont tell me i'm being too sensitive this is NOT the right way to address a problem. Any student can be unethical, irregardless of their background.

Exactly. So stop talking about the jews. You are the only one hung up on the Jew issue.

I came here to discuss what is wrong with BU and not what is wrong with any religion.

BU is unorganised and that came with a lot of negative side effects. We are dentists, health care providers. We should have been in an environment where we are encouraged to grow, see our weakness, work on them and be able to help ourselves and each other and be treated with respect and care and then expect us to pass this on to the future generations of dentists.

I do not want to talk about any race or religion so stop always coming back to this issue Wired202808. Stop picking on things and if you think the school is fair and you are happy then leave this discussion. It is for people who want to know about the downside of attending BU.

It is a big investment - dental school - so people should know the negative stuff too.

I already said this before and i'll repeat it again: If anyone mentioned students as being unethical than I am definitely against that. But saying that a certain group of students is unethical based on race, ethnicity, or religion is prejudicial. The End. Stop retorting and trying to justify prejudicial comments that are aimed at a specific group. Its simply not right.

You still don't get it. No one ever said that a groups' particular race/religion causes them to be unethical. What was said is that in each example, the group of people involved are of a single/similar race/religion; some examples involve a group of Jews, other examples of the same misconduct involve a group of Asians. A Jewish admin giving favorable treatment to Jews, an Asian prof favoring only his asian students. You don't see schemes of a Persian student distributing the current exam to a group of African Americans, risking expulsion for cheating.

It may not be PC, but human nature has a sense of heightened safety/security among your own kind. There is also an element of race-based cronyism, and not sharing competitive advantages. It's shocking to think this stuff still goes on and thrives in 21st century America, at a major university nonetheless. Maybe that's why criticisms are so hard to understand for some.

He could have simply said "a certain group of students tend to do unethical things and get away with it, hence BU is not a good school." vs saying "the Jews kept doing X,Y,Z and got away with it and this happened at BU"

Just stop talking, you're digging your own grave. "a certain group of students tend to do unethical things..." WOW, way to engage in stereotyping. I do see the difference: the first statement is ignorant by generalizing/stereotyping a certain group, the 2nd statement is specific and factual.

Sorry Wired but you're creating an issue where there is none. Quit taking it so personally. Very immature and narcissistic. You have a delusional idea of what discrimination really is. Maybe you're so quick to point the finger at others because you subconciously see this flaw in yourself.

Last edited:
You still don't get it. No one ever said that a groups' particular race/religion causes them to be unethical. What was said is that in each example, the group of people involved are of a single/similar race/religion; some examples involve a group of Jews, other examples of the same misconduct involve a group of Asians. A Jewish admin giving favorable treatment to Jews, an Asian prof favoring only his asian students. You don't see schemes of a Persian student distributing the current exam to a group of African Americans, risking expulsion for cheating.

It may not be PC, but human nature has a sense of heightened safety/security among your own kind. There is also an element of race-based cronyism, and not sharing competitive advantages. It's shocking to think this stuff still goes on and thrives in 21st century America, at a major university nonetheless. Maybe that's why criticisms are so hard to understand for some.

Sorry Wired but you're creating an issue where there is none. Quit taking it so personally. Very immature and narcissistic.

Like I said before the RIGHT way to approach an issue is to say a certain group of students performed unethical things. Not students of such background performed them. Thats the mature way to handle the situation, not to point fingers and blatantly do such things. The End. You might as well stop commenting because I have my opinion on this nasty finger pointing and what was said was pretty blatantly wrong.

If your ignorant of the fact that people have religious beliefs and cannot study on certain days or write exams, then you'll have a lot of problems understanding patients, esp the ones from cultures other than yourself. Again stop singling out a group of people, it shows immaturity and a very poor attitude on your part. I assume from you username that you aren't Caucasian? If not please correct me. But at my old job (no matter how busy we were) every ethnic group had leeway when it came to their religious holidays, observances, etc. We live in a multi cultured world and if you dont understand that then anticipate huge problems later on.

I have no problem with anybody and I more than gladly agree with you there should be some leeway. The only problem the school administration only apply the leeway strictly to their favored group. It didn't affect me in anyway during dental school but I'm simply stating the obvious.

I have no problem with anybody and I more than gladly agree with you there should be some leeway. The only problem the school administration only apply the leeway strictly to their favored group. It didn't affect me in anyway during dental school but I'm simply stating the obvious.

This isnt an objective conversation, you're subjective view of perceived "favoritism" is on the border of prejudice. I hope you dont perceive patients of specific ethnic, religious group to want some "favoritism" in your office as well. I can see you state that quite easily.

The point of this discussion is for people to write down their experiences at BU. This argument has to stop.

Enough with making it personal. BU is an institution...like marriage. :) And we need good values to be highlighted and passed onto future generations. That is what dental schools should do. Pass on knowledge and good values that are needed in the profession.

Dental education probably around the globe needs to change because the world is changing...let's start with BU because deep inside everyone at BU knows it has to change. More practice, practical advice and less drama/time wasting exercises.

The point of this discussion is for people to write down their experiences at BU. This argument has to stop.

Enough with making it personal. BU is an institution...like marriage. :) And we need good values to be highlighted and passed onto future generations. That is what dental schools should do. Pass on knowledge and good values that are needed in the profession.

Dental education probably around the globe needs to change because the world is changing...let's start with BU because deep inside everyone at BU knows it has to change. More practice, practical advice and less drama/time wasting exercises.

I believe the REAL problems at BU includes the lack of clinical experience and graduation requirements that they have. Not the "perceived problems" that appear on some of these super prejudicial comments.

Members don't see this ad :)
BTW, I wasn't the one hospitalized and had to still come in to take the exam or fail. It was one of my classmate from Puerto Rico.

Funny how the perio instructor said he knew students had his old exams and should share them. He still didn't care to change much of the exam questions because only his favored group got them anyway. How come only they have the exam? ask budentite. There's only one group that had them and the only way the exam questions eventually leaked out to the outside was one Asian girl dated/slept with one of the guys and eventually got hold of many 'nonexistent' old exams. They have a small fraternity and the exclusive exams get passed from generation to generation. For the dental anatomy waxup class, I had the same exact same clinical exam test scores as the class prez but he received an 'A' and I got a 'B+'. You simply say 'wtf', bite your tongue, and serve your time til graduation because what else you you gonna do? Everyone will eventually graduate anyway, but those on the inside 'favored status' have it easier due to hidden institutionalized racism and nepotism. That is life and it is what it is anywhere else not specific only to BU.

The same go for patient disbursement. I'm 3 months from graduation and only completed 5 crowns and still need 5 more while someone else already completed 50. I repeatedly requested very early on I wanted any OS place for my APEX and...did you really think they'll give that coveted spot to me? HAHA. They had this lottery to determine the numerical order of students receiving patients; I was way ahead to receive patients before the 'white' class officers but guess who got them first? C'est la vie! My friend is currently a faculty there so I'm happy to take any other questions about the school.

Last edited:
It's all connected, intertwined. The ADEA published a study on the problem of the rampant cheating and numerous recent scandals at d-schools. Guess what they identified as the #1 motive driving students to cheat? Answer: Favortism. It is a huge problem, worse at some schools than others. When the average class size is less than 100, and everyone knows everything going on about everyone, and how competetive students are for specialty programs, any unfair advantages are not secret for long and drives other students to try to make up their disadvantage in any way possible.

It carries over and manifests in other ways too. Like students stealing patients from each other. Selective access to recent exams. Or upperclassmen organizing the order they book appointments by first taking the appointments that D3's are eligible for, effectively booking them out, while simultaneously ensuring that the other appointments stay available. Sabotage by pulling fire alarms. Stealing equipment from the school and from classmates.

As I said in another thread Favortism is infinitely toxic to the academic environment. It also completely undermines academic integrity. Even the appearance of favortism is to be avoided at all costs.

BU's biggest problems are the overcrowded facilities and lack of patients, which results in an inadequate clinical experience. Favortism plays a significant role in patient allocation - it's not a mere coincidence that the kid in charge of distributing patients gives more and better patients to his student Facebook friends.
It's pretty BS when students have to pay $thousands out of their own pockets for their patient's treatment, because patients/procedures are so scarce. What's so sad is that there are tons of people in the South End that need dental care, but can't afford the dental school's rediculous fees. Nearly $200 just to open a chart, forget about it. So they line up by the hundreds at the hospital down the block for extractions and other palliative treatment. What a tragedy, good job BU dental, way to neglect the community you are located in.
Where I draw the line is when patients are abused/taken advantage of. The lack of patients and difficulty getting chairs, combined with being graded on the quantity/cost of treatment delivered (an accreditation violation), compels students to force their patients into the most expensive treatment option (for maximum point value). The school also puts patients through unnecessary procedures, like re-treating all root canals that were performed outside BU, even in the absence of clinical signs/symptoms. Not cool, but they need to maximize treatment performed on each patient to get a good grade or graduate on time.

What kind of dentist are they cultivating? What makes you think the over/unnecessary treatment will stop when you are in private practice, when you're your own boss? Plus the cost of school/debt forces students into high-income fields. Forget about pro-bono work, teaching, or mentoring because $50k of your salary every year goes to repaying loans.

Like I said, all their problems are connected, intertwined. They need a complete overhaul of their program, and the solutions won't come from their current administration.

...Everyone will eventually graduate anyway...

Actually, not everyone graduates from BU. We lost a couple students D1/D2 years, and I know of a student who was dismissed midway through his 4th year, for not meeting their quotas. It didn't make any sense, since he never failed an exam or received a bad clinical evaluation, plus they always allow other students more time when they are behind on quotas.

It's just another example of BU picking and choosing who they help, and unfortunately who they screw. No consistency.

catconspiracy.jpg

:laugh::laugh: haha paranoia

I know of a student who was dismissed midway through his 4th year, for not meeting their quotas. It didn't make any sense, since he never failed an exam or received a bad clinical evaluation, plus they always allow other students more time when they are behind on quotas.

It's just another example of BU picking and choosing who they help, and unfortunately who they screw. No consistency.

That's really weird, because the school can simply charge the student another semester or two of tuition.

That's really weird, because the school can simply charge the student another semester or two of tuition.

They collected tuition, then dismissed him a week later. No refunds in cases of involuntary separation. They got their money.

Last edited:
I agree budentite.

I will never donate to BU.

You guys are back!!! I haven't been on this forum for awhile. Just a warning, BU has been bombarding my inbox and mailing with urgent update for alumni info. Turned out it's a scam to try to collect info supposedly for networking but they will gladly charge me $150 for an advance copy of the alumni listings. Both my husband and I are BU alumni, so we get tons of mailings (personal and mass mailing) asking for donations.

You guys are back!!! I haven't been on this forum for awhile. Just a warning, BU has been bombarding my inbox and mailing with urgent update for alumni info. Turned out it's a scam to try to collect info supposedly for networking but they will gladly charge me $150 for an advance copy of the alumni listings. Both my husband and I are BU alumni, so we get tons of mailings (personal and mass mailing) asking for donations.

What are you talking about? EVERY school out there will ask their alumni to update their contact info so they can send out letters asking for donations. This is nothing unique to BU.

Bump.

Can ColdFront chime in as to whether or not the contents of this thread are still valid?

thanx

[Wow, kudos to the mods of this forum for letting a thread like this stand in all its abrupt honesty. Its a de facto no-no to speak of jewish dominance or else get in hot water in some way or another these days. In my experience, as soon as I post the truths I am about to post, this thread will immediately be scrubbed from the net by 'mysterious forces' and/or my post will be scrubbed and/or my membership in any given forum will be banned post haste. In the long run tolerating such abrupt honesty will increase the trustworthiness & numbers of people who use this forum]

Geez: wish I had known about this thread a year ago. Wouldn't have included BU in my application list. As a white gentile, would've saved some dough and time & effort on secondaries too if I'd known about this thread in time.

I didn't appy to any of the Ivys as it was a foregone conclusion for me that I would have wasted time and money on any of them, according to research results by Ron Unz anyways. Sounds like BU should have been included in his research results as well (makes one wonder how many non-Ivys are out there like the Ivys & BU).

According to Ron Unz who is a Jew & a Harvard graduate himself (pretty much impossible to claim bias): the drivel about "white privilege" might actually be approaching believable if the term were more aptly phrased "jewish privilege".

Ron Unz: "The Myth of American Meritocracy: How Corrupt Are Ivy League Admissions?":

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/the-myth-of-american-meritocracy/

f4-large.jpg

"...Fortunately, an alternate comparison population is readily available, namely that of American Jews, a group which is both reasonably well-defined and one which possesses excellent statistical information, gathered by various Jewish organizations and academic scholars. In particular, Hillel, the nationwide Jewish student organization with chapters on most major university campuses, has for decades been providing extensive data on Jewish enrollment levels. Since Karabel's own historical analysis focuses so very heavily on Jewish admissions, his book also serves as a compendium of useful quantitative data drawn from these and similar sources.

Once we begin separating out the Jewish portion of Ivy League enrollment, our picture of the overall demographics of the student bodies is completely transformed. Indeed, Karabel opens the final chapter of his book by performing exactly this calculation and noting the extreme irony that the WASP demographic group which had once so completely dominated America's elite universities and "virtually all the major institutions of American life" had by 2000 become "a small and beleaguered minority at Harvard," being actually fewer in number than the Jews whose presence they had once sought to restrict. Very similar results seem to apply all across the Ivy League, with the disproportion often being even greater than the particular example emphasized by Karabel.

In fact, Harvard reported that 45.0 percent of its undergraduates in 2011 were white Americans, but since Jews were 25 percent of the student body, the enrollment of non-Jewish whites might have been as low as 20 percent, though the true figure was probably somewhat higher. The Jewish levels for Yale and Columbia were also around 25 percent, while white Gentiles were 22 percent at the former and just 15 percent at the latter. The remainder of the Ivy League followed this same general pattern.

This overrepresentation of Jews is really quite extraordinary, since the group currently constitutes just 2.1 percent of the general population and about 1.8 percent of college-age Americans. Thus, although Asian-American high school graduates each year outnumber their Jewish classmates nearly three-to-one, American Jews are far more numerous at Harvard and throughout the Ivy League. Both groups are highly urbanized, generally affluent, and geographically concentrated within a few states, so the "diversity" factors considered above would hardly seem to apply; yet Jews seem to fare much better at the admissions office....

...Therefore, assuming an admissions system based on strictest objective meritocracy, we would expect our elite academic institutions to contain nearly five Asians for every Jew; but instead, the Jews are far more numerous, in some important cases by almost a factor of two. This raises obvious suspicions about the fairness of the Ivy League admissions process..."

jewishenrollment-large.jpg

eliteenrollment-large.jpg

Who Controls the Ivy League?

Brown University:
Ruth J. Simmons(Black) – President
David I. Kertzer(Jew) – Provost
Thomas J. Tisch(Jew) – Chancellor, Brown Corporation

Columbia University:
Lee C. Bollinger(Jew) – President
Claude M. Steele(Black) – Provost
William V. Campbell(White European) – Chairman, Board of Trustees

Cornell University:
David J. Skorton(Jew) – President
W. Kent Fuchs(Jew) – Provost
Peter C. Meinig(Jew) – Chairman, Board of Trustees

Dartmouth College:
Jim Yong Kim(Korean) – President
Carol L. Folt(Jew) – Acting Provost
Stephen F. Mandel Jr.(Jew) – Chairman, Board of Trustees

Harvard University:
Drew Gilpin Faust(Jew husband: Charles E. Rosenberg) – President
Steven E. Hyman(Jew) – Provost
Robert D. Reischauer(Jew) – Senior Fellow, Harvard Corporation

Princeton University:
Shirley M. Tilghman(Jew husband: Joseph Tilghman) – President
Christopher L. Eisgruber(Jew) – Provost
Stephen A. Oxman(Jew) – Chairman, Board of Trustees

University of Pennsylvania:
Amy Gutmann(Jew) – President
Vincent Price(Jew) – Provost
David L. Cohen(Jew) – Chairman, Board of Trustees

Yale University:
Richard C. Levin(Jew) – President
Peter Salovey(Jew) – Provost
Richard C. Levin(Jew) – Chairman, Yale Corporation

Of the twenty-four(24) senior administrators of the Ivy League colleges and universities, twenty(20) are Jews or have Jewish spouses. This is a numerical representation of 83%. Jews are approximately 2% of the United States population. This means that Jews are over-represented among the senior administrators of the Ivy League colleges and universities by a factor of 41.5 times times, or 4,150 percent. This extreme numerical over-representation of Jews among the senior administrators of the Ivy League colleges and universities cannot be explained away as a coincidence or as the result of mere random chance.

jewish-discrimination-chart-harvard1.jpg

jewish-discrimination-chart-harvard2.jpg

By the way, personally I say more power to the jews as a group (I am not 'anti-semitic' if the aforementioned facts are true). If what Ron Unz states is true, I only wish every group was capable of so much racial solidarity with their own kind. Its inspiring and I think all other racial groups can learn from their approach & the results.

Last edited:
[Wow, kudos to the mods of this forum for .... therefore I am very, very my application to BU didn't get past the 'reviewed' stages.:)

Wow. That was a helluva response. Where did you end up getting in?

Wow. That was a helluva response. Where did you end up getting in?

I believe the power of online forums lies in honesty in anonymity. As this whole thread goes to show...still pleasantly surprised its up here going on 2 years or so, frankly.

While your at it Bobby Fischer...could you list which ethnic group owns the nine banks that makes up the Federal Reserve, which prints money 24/7 out of thin air to 'lend' to the US government for 'interest'? They own our president and they own you and me too.

I was just looking at the reviews of BU Dent on Yelp and this one struck me:

"If you are truly broke and this is all you can afford, going here is better than letting teeth rot in your mouth. If you have ANY other option aside from letting your teeth fall out, TAKE it."

LOL!

I was just looking at the reviews of BU Dent on Yelp and this one struck me:

"If you are truly broke and this is all you can afford, going here is better than letting teeth rot in your mouth. If you have ANY other option aside from letting your teeth fall out, TAKE it."

LOL!

Looks like there are several gems on there that corroborate what Budentite and Daurang said:

"Brutal. Don't do it to yourself. You have students working on you, everything takes forever and there is no cost savings. Go elsewhere."

"Run! Don't go here. The student dentists at BU literally are graded based on the quantity of work they produce. The bloated treatment plan they propose is no cheaper than other offices' proposals in the city, plus it takes ~3x as many appointments to accomplish the same thing, to get treated like an animal, with a worse end-result. Don't be surprised if your $100 "defective sealant" turns into a poorly done $2400 root canal + crown + post/core + gum surgery over 10 appointments, given the grading incentive. And the location of the school sucks big time."

And my personal favorite:

"Go to the liquor store, buy a bottle of tequila and have your buddy figure out the rest for you. Cause that would be more worth your time and money than BU Dental."

WOW.

OP, I hope you went to Jersey!

IT"S NOT FAIR to bash BU student for their clinical work. What do people expect when they go to dental SCHOOL to be treated? Their yelp review isn't different than Tufts or Harvard nearby...

http://www.yelp.com/biz/harvard-dental-center-brookline

http://www.yelp.com/biz/tufts-unive...l-medicine-boston#query:Harvard Dental Center

I know Tufts charges ~$800 for a crown, which I think is expensive for a dental school. If you're price/time sensitive, vacation in Cali and get your $5 cleaning, $20 fillings, $200scrp, $200 rct, $300crown all in one weekend.

While your at it Bobby Fischer...could you list which ethnic group owns the nine banks that makes up the Federal Reserve, which prints money 24/7 out of thin air to 'lend' to the US government for 'interest'? They own our president and they own you and me too.

You mean the Federal Reserve isn't really part of the federal government?

Its made up of 100% private banks? b-b-b-b-buuut I thought...

The American Dream cartoon full length:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGk5ioEXlIM

You mean one ethnic group dominates banking, media, and academia in America? (A list can similarly be drawn up for media and banking as it has been in an earlier thread for academia.)

That sounds like a conspiracy theory for anti-semitic tin foil hat wearers LOL. No thanks, I'm just going to crawl back under my nice dark cozy rock where none of this can bother me.

Again, personally, I am not anti-semitic. I think all ethnic groups can benefit greatly from what observing and then implementing the same strategies and tactics which the jews have. If there any anti-semitics out there: they are just jealous of jewish dominance and are obviously feeling inferior to a likely superior ethnicity (surely an analysis of the facts on paper proves everyone else is the world is subordinate and therefore inferior).

Bump.

Can ColdFront chime in as to whether or not the contents of this thread are still valid?

thanx
I graduated 3 years ago, and I haven't donated to BU since.

BU to me was a program that you really should just do your best and focus on what you paid for. It is TRUE that students socialized with clinical faculty and post-doc students. It is TRUE some faculty married students. It is TRUE that some faculty are really not competent to teach students to be more competent. It is TRUE that the graduation requirement is very low, thus leaving most of the students no choice but to pursue GPR/AEGD programs, or even apply to specialty just the fact they lack the skills in general dentistry to begin with (half the class usually applies to specialty residency, very few people go straight to associateship).

Like some former BU grads already said, leave BU as your last choice, and go to a much cheaper and competent schools. The city of Boston itself is uber expensive.

That's my 2 cents.

I agree with budentite. Nothing has changed, and clinic is still a nightmare. Get ready for 400k in debt and years of therapy for PTSD.

This thread made me lose faith in humanity.

Reactions: 1 users
same types of stuff happens at a dental school in southern US

these types of stuff happens more often in private schools than public schools maybe???

[Wow, kudos to the mods of this forum for letting a thread like this stand in all its abrupt honesty. Its a de facto no-no to speak of jewish dominance or else get in hot water in some way or another these days. In my experience, as soon as I post the truths I am about to post, this thread will immediately be scrubbed from the net by 'mysterious forces' and/or my post will be scrubbed and/or my membership in any given forum will be banned post haste. In the long run tolerating such abrupt honesty will increase the trustworthiness & numbers of people who use this forum]

Geez: wish I had known about this thread a year ago. Wouldn't have included BU in my application list. As a white gentile, would've saved some dough and time & effort on secondaries too if I'd known about this thread in time.

I didn't appy to any of the Ivys as it was a foregone conclusion for me that I would have wasted time and money on any of them, according to research results by Ron Unz anyways. Sounds like BU should have been included in his research results as well (makes one wonder how many non-Ivys are out there like the Ivys & BU).

According to Ron Unz who is a Jew & a Harvard graduate himself (pretty much impossible to claim bias): the drivel about "white privilege" might actually be approaching believable if the term were more aptly phrased "jewish privilege".

Ron Unz: "The Myth of American Meritocracy: How Corrupt Are Ivy League Admissions?":

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/the-myth-of-american-meritocracy/

f4-large.jpg

"...Fortunately, an alternate comparison population is readily available, namely that of American Jews, a group which is both reasonably well-defined and one which possesses excellent statistical information, gathered by various Jewish organizations and academic scholars. In particular, Hillel, the nationwide Jewish student organization with chapters on most major university campuses, has for decades been providing extensive data on Jewish enrollment levels. Since Karabel's own historical analysis focuses so very heavily on Jewish admissions, his book also serves as a compendium of useful quantitative data drawn from these and similar sources.

Once we begin separating out the Jewish portion of Ivy League enrollment, our picture of the overall demographics of the student bodies is completely transformed. Indeed, Karabel opens the final chapter of his book by performing exactly this calculation and noting the extreme irony that the WASP demographic group which had once so completely dominated America's elite universities and "virtually all the major institutions of American life" had by 2000 become "a small and beleaguered minority at Harvard," being actually fewer in number than the Jews whose presence they had once sought to restrict. Very similar results seem to apply all across the Ivy League, with the disproportion often being even greater than the particular example emphasized by Karabel.

In fact, Harvard reported that 45.0 percent of its undergraduates in 2011 were white Americans, but since Jews were 25 percent of the student body, the enrollment of non-Jewish whites might have been as low as 20 percent, though the true figure was probably somewhat higher. The Jewish levels for Yale and Columbia were also around 25 percent, while white Gentiles were 22 percent at the former and just 15 percent at the latter. The remainder of the Ivy League followed this same general pattern.

This overrepresentation of Jews is really quite extraordinary, since the group currently constitutes just 2.1 percent of the general population and about 1.8 percent of college-age Americans. Thus, although Asian-American high school graduates each year outnumber their Jewish classmates nearly three-to-one, American Jews are far more numerous at Harvard and throughout the Ivy League. Both groups are highly urbanized, generally affluent, and geographically concentrated within a few states, so the "diversity" factors considered above would hardly seem to apply; yet Jews seem to fare much better at the admissions office....

...Therefore, assuming an admissions system based on strictest objective meritocracy, we would expect our elite academic institutions to contain nearly five Asians for every Jew; but instead, the Jews are far more numerous, in some important cases by almost a factor of two. This raises obvious suspicions about the fairness of the Ivy League admissions process..."

jewishenrollment-large.jpg

eliteenrollment-large.jpg

Who Controls the Ivy League?

Brown University:
Ruth J. Simmons(Black) – President
David I. Kertzer(Jew) – Provost
Thomas J. Tisch(Jew) – Chancellor, Brown Corporation

Columbia University:
Lee C. Bollinger(Jew) – President
Claude M. Steele(Black) – Provost
William V. Campbell(White European) – Chairman, Board of Trustees

Cornell University:
David J. Skorton(Jew) – President
W. Kent Fuchs(Jew) – Provost
Peter C. Meinig(Jew) – Chairman, Board of Trustees

Dartmouth College:
Jim Yong Kim(Korean) – President
Carol L. Folt(Jew) – Acting Provost
Stephen F. Mandel Jr.(Jew) – Chairman, Board of Trustees

Harvard University:
Drew Gilpin Faust(Jew husband: Charles E. Rosenberg) – President
Steven E. Hyman(Jew) – Provost
Robert D. Reischauer(Jew) – Senior Fellow, Harvard Corporation

Princeton University:
Shirley M. Tilghman(Jew husband: Joseph Tilghman) – President
Christopher L. Eisgruber(Jew) – Provost
Stephen A. Oxman(Jew) – Chairman, Board of Trustees

University of Pennsylvania:
Amy Gutmann(Jew) – President
Vincent Price(Jew) – Provost
David L. Cohen(Jew) – Chairman, Board of Trustees

Yale University:
Richard C. Levin(Jew) – President
Peter Salovey(Jew) – Provost
Richard C. Levin(Jew) – Chairman, Yale Corporation

Of the twenty-four(24) senior administrators of the Ivy League colleges and universities, twenty(20) are Jews or have Jewish spouses. This is a numerical representation of 83%. Jews are approximately 2% of the United States population. This means that Jews are over-represented among the senior administrators of the Ivy League colleges and universities by a factor of 41.5 times times, or 4,150 percent. This extreme numerical over-representation of Jews among the senior administrators of the Ivy League colleges and universities cannot be explained away as a coincidence or as the result of mere random chance.

jewish-discrimination-chart-harvard1.jpg

jewish-discrimination-chart-harvard2.jpg

By the way, personally I say more power to the jews as a group (I am not 'anti-semitic' if the aforementioned facts are true). If what Ron Unz states is true, I only wish every group was capable of so much racial solidarity with their own kind. Its inspiring and I think all other racial groups can learn from their approach & the results.

It is almost looks like a monopoly but instead of a monopoly of money making businesses, it is a monopoly of keeping positions of power only to certain race/religion/types of People.

Numerically it is not fair, and based on the diversity this country has it really is not in proportion.

Posted using SDN Mobile

Looks like SDN is censored

Posted using SDN Mobile

File a complaint with department of education of of civil rights

They have a office in Boston.

They are the only people that have any power against the School.

Na, like I said, I used to only say good things about my school but I just had enough. Someone needed to speak up, and I was answering a member's question on the school's dating policy. If these were minor infractions, I would not take the effort to post about it, plus these are the least serious of BU's problems.

After 4 years there, I think I know more about BU Dental than 99.9% of the people who will read this thread. Facts are facts. I could get sued for making false statements about the school but this is all true and is public knowledge there. Trust me, I'm limiting myself in my criticism of BU dental and the things I share can be verified by multiple sources. Do some research before attempting to publicly discredit my post, because you are full of hot air and have no idea what you are talking about. I may be new to this forum but everything I have said in all my posts is demonstrably true and documented in many forms my friend. I can and will provide futher physical proof if it becomes necessary.
Thank you for your honesty. Your reply makes me think about whether I should spend money on this school.

Thank you for your honesty. Your reply makes me think about whether I should spend money on this school.
That was five years ago, keep that in mind. I believe things have changed.

wow !!! i jut read this forum and confused,
i applied in a specialty residency program and was very excited that i got in, can anyone please share their experience about specialty clinics in BU. My program is covered by BU and i don't pay any tuition...

That was five years ago, keep that in mind. I believe things have changed.
Not according to some of my classmates who went back to residency at BU this year.

A certain Dean connected another former classmate to one of the most competitive residency programs at the school recently, by simply running into her on her wedding day at a hotel he happens to be sharing with her and the groom (who also happens to be a resident at BU).

Change needs to come from the "boys club" at the top.

--

Last edited:
Is the scenario similar for residents also?

what specialty are you in? I just graduated residency program there. Please PM me.

Last edited:
I am going to start my grauduate training at BU. Is the scenario similar for residents also?

Depend on the residency program you are in. Program directors play a significant role to set a tone of the program.