High school journal output and ivy league acceptances..

aegistitan

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what you guys thought of this thread:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/journal-targets-increasing-your-research-output.1073599/

I was wondering how applicable publishing in Journals such as F1000, PloS one would be as a high school student gunning for that ivy league acceptance. Residency PD's obviously will see through mediocre work, as would medical school adcoms, but I was wondering whether or not just being able to publish something in a journal would be more than enough for college acceptances. When I was in high school it seemed as though the kids who were publishing were getting those competitive acceptances (although they were publishing in math journals to which I have no idea anything about prestige), but now that I am beginning to understand the game of publications I was wondering what its applicability to high school students would be...

The reason I ask is because I'm curious as to how the application process continues to grow more competitive every year, it's interesting to me for some reason

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah I realize it's a ridiculous concept, but I'm having trouble understanding how else high school kids can set themselves apart and "be unique", this at least seems to be applicable