Hmm... Reopening Martin Luther King Jr.-Harbor Hospital?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Here is the problem:

"Some challenging details remain to be worked out and another operator still could win the contract, but Supervisor Yvonne B. Burke said Pacific is the clear front-runner despite its size and its lack of experience with such large, complex institutions as public hospitals."

Can anyone else see why this will fail?

dude, i don't want to say much on a public forum, but having worked there before med school and rotated there are a student, i'm not sure how well this would work. but they definitely have balls, so good luck to them. i bet a certain medical school in SoCal is aching for this to happen.

Members don't see this ad :)
Would this certain medical school be one thats already closely affiliated with pacific hospital that could potentially make this there huge teaching hospital?

Would this certain medical school be one thats already closely affiliated with pacific hospital that could potentially make this there huge teaching hospital?

maybe..except the certain med school already has a huge hospital in colton that is their main teaching facility. i'm not certain, but this is exactly the kind of thing western would love, especially since they have been clamoring for more affiliated residencies. there was talk of several local hospitals having COMP-affiliated EM residencies (among others) but we haven't heard much lately.

maybe..except the certain med school already has a huge hospital in colton that is their main teaching facility. i'm not certain, but this is exactly the kind of thing western would love, especially since they have been clamoring for more affiliated residencies. there was talk of several local hospitals having COMP-affiliated EM residencies (among others) but we haven't heard much lately.

I remember seeing an ad that stated western was looking for directors to lead a bunch of new residencies. Arrowhead is about maxed out, so this place would be great. An EM program right in the playground of the bloods and crips....Im there as long as im issued a .45 caliber piece.:laugh:

I remember seeing an ad that stated western was looking for directors to lead a bunch of new residencies. Arrowhead is about maxed out, so this place would be great. An EM program right in the playground of the bloods and crips....Im there as long as im issued a .45 caliber piece.:laugh:

yeah they were talking about EM programs in west covina and at san antonio hospital in upland, which is actually a nice hospital with decent volume, although they would need to do trauma rotations elsewhere as it is level II (i think). no word on when any of these programs will start, or if san antonio is even gonna happen at all.

it would be awesome if arrowhead EM increased the number of residents, because they have such a high volume and trauma up the a$$, but who knows if they will.

as for if this whole thing will happen at king, i wonder if the situation would be any different if pacific were running it. or would we be merely trading a culture of complacency or one of money above all else? i worked in the OR at pacific during the period that they were in high gear doing all the worker's comp surgeries, and there's a reason i finally said "f*ck this, i'm going to med school".

Getting the place up and running would certainly make Western my #1 choice, plus i think it would be one of the most popular DO EM residencies up there with einstein and doctors

Getting the place up and running would certainly make Western my #1 choice, plus i think it would be one of the most popular DO EM residencies up there with einstein and doctors

don't forget about arrowhead because it is a very strong program if you wanna do hardcore county $hit. and 3 out of 4 this year were from my class, although to be honest they would have all ruled pretty hard no matter what school they came from.

My apologies to COMP, but Stewart Medical School has already claimed MLK as their new teaching facility.

But no address to Stewart U, which is generally pretty hush hush.

See this thread if you don't know what I'm talking about:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=502254

oh yes...I fully know. That's why I made the comment I did.

I think one of their admin...the one w/ the really low-cut shirt...I bet she is checking that ED out all the time. Maybe for other reasons.............

copy. You check out the ZSOM? They have some sweet looking admins too. Pretty intense site, the dude even parodied the utube videos.

copy. You check out the ZSOM? They have some sweet looking admins too. Pretty intense site, the dude even parodied the utube videos.
This is no parody. :mad: I am attending ZSOM right now and I can attest to Paul's testimonials. Just the other day I qualified for my BIPLS (Basic Invasive Phrenology Life Support) cert. :hardy:

I hear those ninjas party hard, and that is the "truthiness." If you don't believe me just ask the chancellor.