How accurate are Kaplan Practice Exams (Online)?

EyeSee20

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
How accurate were the scores you received on the online practice exams vs. the actual OAT?

Members don't see this ad.

For me I did 30-40 points better for the TS and 30 points better on the AA score for the real OAT compared to the Kaplan practice exams. Thought the Kaplan exam was a little bit harder especially for the physics section.

Reactions: 1 users
For me I did 30-40 points better for the TS and 30 points better on the AA score for the real OAT compared to the Kaplan practice exams. Thought the Kaplan exam was a little bit harder especially for the physics section.

Yeah Kaplan's physics section is really discouraging. Do you recommend saving the ADA exam last?

Yeah Kaplan's physics section is really discouraging. Do you recommend saving the ADA exam last?
Definitely Kaplan's physics section was discouraging. But the real physics on the OAT was much more straight forward. Only good thing about the Kaplan one is that it over prepares you so it seems relatively easier on the actual OAT. I think I did do the ADA exam last but it's kind of difficult to try to simulate the timing and computer experience. I honestly just took each section one at a time without timing it just cause for me I thought it was tedious to try to simulate it. I just treated the ADA exam as more practice problems instead.

Also, don't get too caught up on what you get on Kaplan. Just focus on improving and you should be good on the real deal! If you're curious about what I got on the Kaplan vs Real OAT:

Kaplan 1&2: 320-TS, 310-AA
Real OAT: 360-TS, 340-AA

Think my ADA exam score was similar to what I actually got on the OAT

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Definitely Kaplan's physics section was discouraging. But the real physics on the OAT was much more straight forward. Only good thing about the Kaplan one is that it over prepares you so it seems relatively easier on the actual OAT. I think I did do the ADA exam last but it's kind of difficult to try to simulate the timing and computer experience. I honestly just took each section one at a time without timing it just cause for me I thought it was tedious to try to simulate it. I just treated the ADA exam as more practice problems instead.

Also, don't get too caught up on what you get on Kaplan. Just focus on improving and you should be good on the real deal! If you're curious about what I got on the Kaplan vs Real OAT:

Kaplan 1&2: 320-TS, 310-AA
Real OAT: 360-TS, 340-AA

Think my ADA exam score was similar to what I actually got on the OAT

Thank you for your post and help (and for the many other times you have helped me out!) :). My scores have been a particular rollercoaster, especially with the most recent practice exam. I have trouble breaking the 300's in both gen chem and physics and with my exam approaching July 14th I was very nervous. Gen chem, in particular, I once got to 390 but then dropped down to 270.

AA: 300/320/340/320
TS: 290/330/360/310

Bio: 280/350/340/330
Gen Chem: 250/290/390/270
Organic: 320/340/340/340
Physics: 290/290/310/290
Reading Comp: 350/340/320/380
QR: 320/330/320/330