How bad are W's in my case?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

worriedpremed21

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I've noticed lately that some SDNers seem to think that W's are worse than F's. This is not the case.

You are definitely good to go. Have a little faith in yourself

Reactions: 1 user
I've noticed lately that some SDNers seem to think that W's are worse than F's. This is not the case.

You are definitely good to go. Have a little faith in yourself

How helpful do you think the post-bacc will be if my gpa is fine but the trend is not. Is it justified or do you think I could try applying this cycle. Would be very happy at my state school Indiana(avg 3.83, 513 Mcat). Also on the Msar, Indiana said they do not consider post bacc work so what exactly does that mean. a post bacc wouldn't make a difference even though my gpa and trend from the post bacc would be on the application?

Members don't see this ad :)
How helpful do you think the post-bacc will be if my gpa is fine but the trend is not. Is it justified or do you think I could try applying this cycle. Would be very happy at my state school Indiana(avg 3.83, 513 Mcat). Also on the Msar, Indiana said they do not consider post bacc work so what exactly does that mean. a post bacc wouldn't make a difference even though my gpa and trend from the post bacc would be on the application?
Pay attention: you do not need a post bacc!

You will need to write your application well to explain your journey to medicine as well as explaining the W's. Writing the appl (primary and secondaries) well is more impt than most realize so get someone to help read over writing samples. That said, don't do the post bacc and give it a try this cycle with a well selected list of schools (use WAMC to help choose list)

Short answer: you are not screwed

You already reinvented and bounced back from your dip. You don't need a post-bacc. You have a strong story to tell in your personal statement about your grandfather that provides context to the withdrawals. The personal statement is your "band-aid" here, not more credits.